If you ask him who's boat is better daddy's boat or Gary's boat he very clearly announces that Gary's boat is preferred. I have a theory that Gary's boat had a lot of treats on it. Well, and Gary, who is beloved now.
He's nice and tan too!
He has also learned "This way" and "that way" phrases that come in handy when he doesn't want to go to bed. Doesn't work, but it's worth a shot.
He told me to "shoo" the other day, wonder where he got that from? (This is me looking guilty.) I doubt he was shooing me out of the kitchen so he could get a meal ready though, that would have been nice.
I hear he was a VERY happy little man there, I also heard what a handful he is. They said he would run as fast as he could from one end of the house boat to the other, over and over. He has to be watched every second because he's always in to something. Ami asked if I watched him every minute at home and I had to say yes! I have to, he's crazy! I know that if it's quiet for two minutes I have to go on the hunt to see what he's doing. I don't think people truly understood why I have kept such a close eye on him when he's outside playing at grandmas when all the other kids are fine... I think they understand now.
He had a HUGE goose egg on his forehead and what looked like two black eyes but they figured that the eyes were drainage from the goose egg. Gross! He looked pretty beat up but my request was very specific, don't let him drown, nothing about bumps, scrapes and bruises! Those will fix and with Duncan it's just the way things go!
Speaking of the craziness, we were going shopping the other day and I was out loading Ian in he car first and I went to go back in the house, turned the knob and... the dead bolt! Duncan threw the dead bolt! I have been celebrating that the kid doesn't do door knobs, he's definitely tall enough and could totally do it, but he just doesn't think he can, so he hasn't ever tried since he was quite a few inches shorter. He just knocks. So there he was on the other side of the door, knocking!! I am pretty careful around here, all the windows closed and locked, doors locked, it's a habit... so I was officially locked out. I have a key on my van key, but it was in the house since I had opened the van door and left it on the counter. Oh.my.word. So I was trying to tell him "turn the thing!" through the door and he was messing with the door knob so I said "No, up here, higher" and was tapping it! Finally, after what seemed like 15 minutes but was like... two... I hear 'click!' he unlocked it. Lesson learned my little man, lesson learned.
Dylan's been very vocal lately. She goes through phases where she is, then she will be quiet, then loud. She's loud right now! She looks at you and tries so hard to get the words out but they just don't form. Her vision therapist was reading a book to her and Dylan would look at the book, then look at Linda and tell her something, back to the book, back to Linda. It was pretty cute. Linda was pretty impressed.
We turned her car seat around and put her in the very back with Duncan since she's a whopping 20 lbs 2 oz. 2 oz is enough! She looks so cute and so little in the 'pink bomb' car seat. At least she won't have to fold her legs any more.
Ian's 6 month appointment is this week, looking forward to those stats, he's a little chunker. So cute... a little feisty, but no one sees that but me. Isn't that the way it always works? He's a joy when around other people!
Matthew's mom took the whole family to dinner Friday to celebrate the graduates. Big congrats to Jared, David and Michael who all got one degree or another this last semester. You go guys!
We went to dinner with Shannon and Tracy and Duncan and Charlotte were running around in the corner of the place. Not eating, not sitting still and not really listening to their parents! They are super cute though and it was a good place for them. After, as we were walking to the car the door to a laundromat opened automatically and they joined hands and walked right in together to look around. They looked so cute exploring together!
After I got Photo 101 and Tracy taught me how to take a cool picture of people with lights and sparklers. Charlotte and I made a star, then Tracy drew a picture and then Matthew drew something too inappropriate for the blog! (But really, REALLY funny!) I told him to draw something better, his attempt at Wubbzy is below.
Whew~ Check blogging off the list! Yes, I have a list today it includes laundry, sheets, wash dog, brush dog, vacuum, cut out letters for LouAnn, and... BLOG! Check!
I took this picture this morning before I got everyone ready for the day. It made me laugh... I think just because there are kids everywhere!

We had to redirect from 'eyes' to 'nose' since I am sure Ian didn't really appreciate the eye pokes. Especially when he is held captive in the car seat next to Duncan.

Ahhhh, but there's always pay backs right?


Telling stories

Ha! I believe this was a kiss!

My cute boy, see his eyes and a new bruise on his forehead right over where the big one was. He ran into the counter on the island.

Story time with Shannon.

Charlotte almost has a matching bruise!

Our Star

Tracy's ship!

Matthew's wubbzy. Not bad for only having 15 seconds!
1 comment:
Wow. I think I need a tutorial on how to do those light pics. That is really neat. My kids have locked me out like that before...not fun.
Post a Comment