Monday, March 22, 2010

As quickly as it came...

...it left. Dylie's not been eating as well over the last couple of days but I am hoping that she will eat today just to spite me. She did actually eat all of her yogurt this morning again which is huge compared to the last 4 days. She likes blueberry, peach... not so much. Even the tricks aren't working, chocolate pudding, strawberry cheesecake cups... she's just showing us who's boss. Okay okay Dylan, we know, you're the boss! Two steps forward, one step back, such is life.

Duncan went to nursery for the first time yesterday. When I go to church, I have just been going to the first main Sacrament meeting and not continuing on to Sunday school and Relief Society because honestly, I am not sure how I am going to manage Ian and Dylan during my meetings. And this was just fine with me during cold and flu season but now that the weather is turning Duncan needed to go. Apparently he was very well behaved! Pretty exciting for him, I am sure he had a good time. After a quick lunch he completely crashed! Hopefully at some point I will get the plan together to attend the other meetings, Matthew can take Dylan but all she wants to do is crawl around on the floor, and... ewwwwe... what to do... what to do. We shall see.

Duncan's gone on the big boy potty a few times, he likes to. It's surprising how much call one single M&M can make! We got a Dora seat from Abbi and it's been working out quite nicely. At this point he hasn't told me when he has to go, but he will go if I ask him so we are close. Maybe the Easter bunny will bring him some cool Diego undies and we will get cracking.

Speaking of the Easter bunny... the train. Ahhhh, the train. It's so annoying! If it's not running it's broken right? So he will start it and run off to play with something else. I have to tell him to come back and turn the train off. He does, and he's really good about it now, but for like three days it was not cool. Not cool at all.

The little guy is big enough to sit in the Bumbo already and he loves it! He loves sitting up and watching what's going on. He is starting to grab at toys, softly, much like those big machines with the claws and the stuffed animals, the claws kind of softly grab and accomplish nothing. He tries so hard too, concentrates.

We have knitting night tonight which is good, Jess had to cancel last week because she wasn'tfeeling well. The colds that you get when you are pregnant are the WORST and she needed to time to recover. I am glad that it's on tonight though, I am really super close to finishing my project that I have been working on, just need to weave in all the threads. There are a lot, so it won't exactly go quickly... but it will be nice to have a chance to work on it. It's soooo very cute. I will post pics when I get it done.



Ian snuggles into blankets to get himself to sleep, so cuddly

2 comments:

wallslyndell said...

Hi Shannon,
You have a beautiful family! I am member of the HPE support group and recently checked out your blog. Our girls really seem to have a lot in common! I'd love to ask you some questions about feeding. Can I email you?
Thanks so much!
Sarah, mom to Lila (12 months)
wallsyndell@comcast.net

Shannon said...

Sarah - I tried to note you at that e-mail and it was returned. My e-mail for the blog is mylittlemonkeys @ gmail . com, shoot me a note and I will be more than happy to talk about Lila's eating!