I plan to do something for her dinner too, which means this will be the second day in a row where she has taken 3 of her four meals all by mouth. The forth is usually given an hour or two after she goes to sleep.
I guess she probably won't drink liquid any time soon. They are just too thin for her to manage. I think we will maybe start giving her a straw to see if we can teach her that but I am sure it will be a while. Right now I am just as pleased as can be that she's actually EATING! And more than ever. It's amazing.
I think a large part of this success is a new chewy toy that Pat brought her. It's really a chewy toy, very similar to a dog's toy. She really gets it back on her molars and works at it but she will happily move it out of the way to accept and swallow food. I only give it to her when she's eating or getting ready to eat. A chewy toy, for a kid, imagine that.
We all went for a walk today and I have decided that getting everyone ready to go takes far more time (and it's a fair bit more exhausting) than the walk itself. I wore Ian and had Dylan and Duncan facing each other in the new wagon that grandma got them for Christmas. IT has seats in it... but Dylan was tired. Sure enough, as soon as the bright sun hit her cheeks she folded in half to dodge it, and soon, she had kicked her little legs out behind her and she was fast asleep, practically in Duncan's lap. At one point Ian was fussy and I had forgotten his binki so I lifted Dylan's noggin and stole hers, eh... you know. It was chilly too! I had them bundled and there were lots of blankets but it might be a little soon for walking just yet.
Duncan's schedule's all messed up right now. It takes him a long time to get to sleep. I have flashes of when I was little and put down for a nap and I would just play and play and play. . I would take my pony tails out, those things that held them in were the old-school ones with the plastic balls on both sides. Then I would wrinkle up her afghan and pretend they were people. These 'people' lived on a hillside and they would walk up and down the wrinkles of the afghan. Boy was it a bummer when I only had a single pony too, I really needed two to have them interact. Not being bored was worth getting in trouble for taking my hair out. Eventually I would come out trying to look tired to convince my Aunt Jane that I had indeed napped when really I hadn't. And, at night I would play house and my mom would come in and tell me if I didn't be quiet she would shut the door, so I would play house just a little bit quieter. So, it's my own fault, he's my boy. And he gets up when the sun comes up, his window faces East too.... Grrrrr.... Daylight savings will kill me! Momma is much nicer if she doesn't have to get out of bed before 8:00 mkay?
mmmmm....

puuudddding....

Duncan put the linen sack from the laundry over his head and was running all over the house with it on. Playing like usual as if he wasn't wearing it. I took a picture of my little robber, then he lifted it and gave me this face. I love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment