Monday, February 8, 2010

Ian's Blessing Day!

My cute little guy's blessing was yesterday and Matthew did a great job (of course). A major part of the blessing was asking if Ian could be blessed with patience. Yes, please, with these parents, patience is a must!

Duncan started out the day on a rampage. Boy was he on one. I think he just sensed that we needed him to cooperate and what would ANY two-year old do but dig their heels in right? So Duncan's perfectly normal. We had asked LouAnn to come over early to snap a few pictures of the family and as soon as I pulled the camera out Duncan started wailing. Nice. The pictures didn't turn out as good as Duncan and Dylan's blessing but I suppose the more kids there are involved, the harder it will be. Dylan had her eyes closed in every single shot but one.

The one half decent shot.


If looks were daggers....


Waaaaaah....


The big (sickly) boy...


Over all, not terrible since this was the first shot I took from when I pulled the camera out! Guess he wanted the day to be about him. He definately was the noisey kid in church too. Not only that, but he shut the lights off once, yes... that was my kid.


Afterwards everyone came over for ham and lots of yummy sides. My Wii Fit said I gained 2.9 lbs in one day when I stepped on last night. I shut it off. =)

This morning was Ian's REAL 2 month appointment which was just in time because my little guy started slightly wheezing last night. He's been so sick, and he is such a gagger, that I have been sleeping (or not so much) up right with him. That way if he gagged and pucked I would be able to deal with it... The verdict? RSV.

Bless our doctor too, the first thing he did when he saw us this morning was say "Hi, how are ya? Is Dylan getting better?" Actually, she isn't. She's still running a low grade fever and has the normal cold symptoms. After Ian's check up and his diagnosis of probable RSV, he said it increased the likelihood that that's what Dylan's trying to fight too. He again recommended the steroid, just a few doses tends to help her kick things. That medicine Trina had Dr. Endo call in for us has really come in handy! Needless to say, we are DONE with this winter!

Back to Ian. The doctor said he's probably going to kick it with no problem since he seems so strong and healthy. Just need to give it a few more days. If he gets worse, or better than worse I am to call and see what we can do. Looks like a few more nights of (not) sleeping sitting up then!

Otherwise he is doing great and in the 50th% in just about everything although weight is a little higher but not much. He's at 12lbs 6 oz and 23 inches long.

The other day it was too quiet so I went to check in on Duncan and he was sitting in Dylan's crib, sucking on her binki. They are all sick, so I took them, threw them in the dishwasher and grabbed a couple replacements. I put them on the crib that will be Ian's (since he couldn't crawl into that one...) and left. After a few minute I went back and this is what I saw.
Let's take a minute to examine this picture. The call of the binki was so great, he crawled up on the (lost) hope chest, pushed the box of diapers onto the bouncer (which, notice, is folded up and VERY unstable) crawled accross and hopped into the crib. Very smart! But while there he found a lovely beaded sign that he apparently thought was jewelry and forgot about the binkis. Not only that, but if you look closely under the bouncer, you will see a pile of tissues, emptied form the box, one. by. one. Ahhh... good times.

Duncan loves to hold Ian, I tried to keep them seperated while Duncan was sick but it's hard. "Patting" Ian's head, be so gentle!

A love! Ian's like 'What the?!' So cute though, I LOVE this shot!


Here Duncan's just softly patting him.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You sure have your hands full! I think Ian and Duncan will grow up to be the best of friends!
I gave you an award on my blog and you certainly deserve it!

emily said...

I LOVE meltdown days...ha ha! Your family is adorable...and I just want to kiss Ian's cheeks! They are so cute!!!

Unknown said...

You gotta love those days. I'm so sorry they are all sick! It seems like you're in for a perfectly healthy winter next year, right?? Is it possible??? Good luck!