Friday, November 6, 2009

It's hard to crochet upside down...

I have been propping my toosh up in the air in a weak attempt to turn this baby right side up/upside down and I can't just sit and do nothing for 10-15 minutes! I thought it would be easy to work on my Christmas crocheting, but it's a lot harder than it sounds! I am not sure why either... maybe the finished part hanging in your face, the need to hold your arms up, whatever it is. I just decided I need to do it more than once a week (on knitting night) if I am to get any neighbor gifts done by Christmas!

Dylan's still eating like a pro, twice a day she eats a full baby food. TWO meals! It's crazy how quickly you forget all the guessing that's required with starting solid foods. Like how much, when... how solid. It's like a whole new adventure. She has actually even started opening her mouth when she sees the spoon and is ready as opposed to waiting for me to touch her cheek with it as a cue. She still hates to drink though, she loves the taste of apple juice but then she lets it roll right out of her mouth! One thing at a time!

She's starting to explore a bit with her crawling too, the problem is that she is so easily entertained that she doesn't really see the need to roam around the house. However, she was in her room playing while I was getting Duncan out of the tub and all of a sudden she sounded a lot closer... she had chased a maraca into the hallway! And occasionally she will follow a ball to the other side of the couch or even in the hallway. It's cute... I can't wait until she's all over the place!

Duncan meanwhile has discovered the beauty of the word "moooooom!", he was all about daddy for the last several months, daddy this, daddy that... well, now it's a stretch to get him to say it! Everyone who he needs something from is mom! (Aunt Ami was even mom when he was over there!) We play the "mooooom", "Duuuncan", "moooom", "Duuuuncan" game all day long around these parts!

I have started shopping for Christmas, almost done actually (I hope!) and I have everything in a big box in the living room. There's a present for his cousin Porter's birthday on the top of the box at at some point he escaped through the gate and all I heard was "WOOOOOOOW!" and I went in to find his arms outstretched over the present! It was so cute! Especially for a boy who says so little! (That makes sense to us anyway!)

We had sister's night out on Wednesday, dinner and we went to "This is It" the movie. It was so fun to get out with most of the sisters for a yummy dinner and the movie was fantastic! I am a big MJ fan, so that was no stretch but it exceeded my expectations! I would even go again. He really was an amazing dancer and singer!

The other day Dylan was muching on a sippy full of cereal and apple juice and I was in the other room with the door shut. I heard a bang and Duncan said "Uh oh!" and I hear the pitter patter of his little feet coming to tell me and through the closed door he said "Uh oh!" and I said, "It's okay Duncan, just pick it up for her." I hear him run away again... He picked it up for her, not only that time, but the next three or four times she dropped it too! He was being so helpful, it was so cute! He will share and hand her toys and food when she's just hanging out on the floor or getting her diaper changed too, it's adorable. HE's a good big(ger) brother!

Grandma got us these new big boy jammies for a birthday present! Look how cute he is!


He seemed to know they were something special, and he was that wound up craziness before bed that kids do... so he wouldn't stand still for a picture! I snuck a couple in anyway!


Look at this big girl kneeling and playing!


I did help her up, but she was interested and she stayed up, so cute!


This morning they were playing together... Well, he was playing, she was mostly trying to grab him. She kept smacking him in the face and he was just ignoring her. WHICH I LOVE. He gets pushed by cousins sometimes at grandma LouAnn's because, unlike them.. he never had a big brother to show him the ropes. I am all for him sticking up for himself and pushing back if they push him... but if he did it to Dylan then we would hate it! Ideally no one would push? Ahhh, kids will be kids! I am glad he plays nice with Dylan though! (Unfortunately I only got one shot before he saw the camera and got up to chase me... Boo!)

2 comments:

Michelle Besendorfer said...

OK, so both my sisters had luck with acupuncture. Seriously, they each had x number of days before a potential c section, had the needle thingey done and *poof*... flipping time :) Moroni swears by it for lots of other things as well. Anyway, just a thought... Glad you guys are doing well.

SupermomE13 said...

I think what we need with this post is a picture of you trying to crochet with you booty up in the air!!! :)
Hugs,
E