Saturday, November 21, 2009

All better, for the most part...

So the cute little pickle is doing MUCH better. We have now had several Motrin free days in a row and it appears the only remnants of this wicked cold are a runny nose and a bunch of drool (likely because of her nose and not wanting to swallow). So YAY! Glad we got over that. I think it got Duncan down for a day or two, but man she took it hard. Just an example of why she's high risk I guess. Even the common cold hit her hard!

Speaking of not wanting to swallow, we are back at ground zero with the eating thing. Her nose still isn't clear yet so it's hard to even work on it quite yet. I tried a little this morning but it's a wee bit of a battle quite yet. She wins... for now... but we were at two full feeds of solid food a day! We can do it again, I am sure... minor set back is all!

We have another baby coming, my sister-in-law Suzie is expecting a boy in May! We have our babies in gaggles.. herds? Prides? Flocks? So that's the next group, Me, Jill then Suzie. So fun to have cousins together.

There was a time when I had tons of pictures of Duncan because he was doing new things and getting in to stuff constantly but when it came to finding a picture of Dylan it was a challenge. She was just laying around looking adorable, but every picture was kind of the same. Well... the tables have turned. I have TONS of Dylan doing new things and Duncan just has his silly camera face! I guess things even out.

Serious face


Good kisses... so it's an object not a person, whatevs... a kiss is a kiss!


Duncan thinks the high chair is still his, they were sharing. She was totally amused just watching him though. Yummy breakfast!


Daddy and Duncan, a self-portrait. Maybe the new baby will get those blue eyes?


Earlier today, so stinkin' cute!


Dylan is everywhere these days! She crawls in a straight line now, without stopping to sit like she did before. I credit a ball Matthew's mom gave her for her birthday. It makes noises and lights up when you touch it, but it has an edge... so she grabs it, it plays and she tosss it, because she can... and then goes and gets it again. It's hilarious. She now chases balls all over the house and I find her in random places, no longer confined to the living room. So I found her by the table and wanted to get the straight crawling on video. I've mentioned the shoe obsession, I am not kidding, she starts crawling and gets distracted. The great shoe chase:



So I used it to my advantage:


Giggling with daddy (our cute piggies were already out for the evening!)


And because you can never get enough of a giggling baby...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, very cute pictures and videos!! I'm glad to hear Dylan is feeling better! Abby is also recovering from a 'bug.' It's no fun with our kiddos, and even the simplest cold is scary! I HoPE things continue going well! :)