Now, I see that McD's probably had good intentions with the caramel apples in the kids meal instead of fries thing. But it just does't work that well with a 2 year old. In fact, usually I eat them (yum!!) but these were still in the fridge the next day and he needed an adventure. I am sure he had fun.
So, Matthew had to go back to work today which is so sad for us! A coupleof weeks ago he realized he had oodles of vacation to take before the end of the year. Not only that, but AmEx has Paternity leave... so he needed to take some time off. With the exception of a couple meetings he was off Tues-Friday last week! Duncan loved it, he was like Matthew's little shadow and it really helped with the whining that he had started doing because Matthew was out of town so much there for a little while. It was nice having him here and blah... boo to today!
Dylan is almost done with ACTH, she only has 4 shots left. Today, Wed, Fri and Sun and then it's over and we hopefully get our little girl back. I hope it happens fairly quickly, she's pretty cranky and I expected the 1/2 doses for the last week to have helped her little attitude but... not so much. We will hang in there and see. When I posted last I said the ACTH did not help, and I may not have been telling the whole truth. It seems like when she spasms she only has about 10, rather than 40-50. Which is actually a HUGE improvement. I don't know if that's just been the last couple of days or if that trend will continue but I like it! We will see. I hope it helped, poor little kid.
The Little People Fairy landed at our house the other day. Aunt Melissa dropped off three garbage bags full of little people! her girls had just grown out of them and they were their favorites so they had all sorts of cute big sets! We split them up with Aunt Eden for cousin Bridger and sent the doll house and the Princess Castle back so hopefully Mel can find someone who will love them more than Bridger and Duncan will. We got a great Alphabet Zoo, Noah's Ark, and School House playset though! Very exciting!
And for an update on the little little pip squeak. I went in for an ultrasound on Thursday to check on a few things. Mainly the placenta location, my cervix length and the kiddos placement. One not so good and two goods, in that order. The placenta has still not moved far enough away from my cervix for the Doc to be comfortable with a normal delivery, bah! There's still time, so I will envision the placenta moving right up and off of my cervix... let's all do this together! Move placenta, move! They will check again later to see where it is. The cervix length looked good and the kiddo is head down, facing my back right. Right where it's supposed to be. Hanging out... head (and often fists) on my bladder. It measured big, I was 27 weeks, 4 days and it measured 28 weeks 6 days and a whopping 2 lbs 13 oz! I say whopping because that's a whole 4 ounces bigger than Dylan was when she was born! There's a little Dylie in there!
I must say though... having had four arms and four legs moving around in there they didn't do anything compared to this little one's two arms and two legs! This kid is always moving and kicking. It's a busy little person! I realize the other two may have been cramped for space but not too bad at 27 weeks which was four weeks before they were born. I might have my work cut out for me with this little person!
Apples?

I don't need no stinkin' fruit!

Here's the new picture, face and a cute little hand. It was hard to get the picture so it's a little fuzzy, she had the wand clear over to my hip since it was facing my right front.
"I look like my big brother!"

See, told you! What, you need a side by side?

Here you go!

Let's not jump to conclusions here people, we have no idea what big sister Dylan would have looked like if she didn't have HPE which affected the midline of her face (nose and lips...) so, who knows! That and Aunt Jill said when they went to see their little girl she looked like her big brother Noah!
3 comments:
He's a smart boy! Those apples are nothing but a good delivery method for the caramel. If I were tiny and cute and could get away with it, I would TOTALLY just eat the caramel straight out of the tub!
Too cute!!! I love those profile ultrasound pics, they are so fun! BTW, I think it's a boy! =)
Love the side by side pic. You know, I'd have a ton of kids if it weren't for that being pregnant part! :) I can pop them out like nobody's business. But that nine months before is the kicker. :) Good luck with the rest of you pregnancy. I'll chant along with you. :)
Post a Comment