Lucky for us, Kristen happened to be dropping off milk last night when the nurse was here, she stayed a little while and then ended up taking Duncan for a sleep over so we could get Dylan to the hospital.
That's right, seven hours at home and we were back on our way. They tried to run another PICC in the ER but couldn't get it so they ended up admitting her so they could do it by flouroscopy today. Turns out that worked. They not only got the line in but they got it all the way to her heart, the other was just to her chest. (The ER nurse suspected the PICC that she had in the NICU made it hard to get the first one in. Because something is competing with blood flow the body creates other ways for it to go... so it's getting there, but not through a big vein... fascinating.)
I didn't get to bed until 4:30 this morning so Matthew took one for the team and went up to the hospital with Dylan this morning and has been there all day. I got to sleep in. I actually got 8 hours of sleep... although the sun was up for most of it. I am waiting for Duncan to wake from a nap to go get him from Kristen's and then who knows, we might have a night as a family for the first time in a couple of weeks!
Here's a couple of pictures of Duncan since he was feeling a little left out (I am sure...). I love these because you can see his long eyelashes, even though Dylie's still have him beat! We will have to pull the cameras back out when they are both in one place again!


No comments:
Post a Comment