I spent all afternoon with my little pickle and she is doing much better today. I didn't believe her dad when he said she smiled and talked to him this morning until she busted out with some for me this afternoon. There are glimpses of the old Dylie in there and that's very exciting for sure! We can't wait to have our smiley little girl back.
Not a lot for today, they put her on another antibiotics and removed one of the first ones, they just bumped her to one that would be the most effective toward these bugs. The drain is still leaking although it's definately slower which is good.
There was some talk about sending her home which is very interesting. We had a talk with nurses in the NICU when she was there and they said that if they are worried about parents that they will keep the baby longer until they prove themselves. So basically... our competency is shooting us in the foot here. They know if they let her go we will bring her back for her drain and all that good stuff but we want them to keep her a bit longer. Let's have a few more good days. Heaven knows we would want her sick up there rather then home you know? No sense in revisiting this mess in a week! It's Matthew's fault really... he's like a doctor up there with her, I am sure he would complete the nurses log too if they would let him!
I think I will bring a camera up tomorrow and take a picture of the drain and stuff, so she can see what she had to endure. It's nasty looking but still very interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment