Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Picture fest 2013

Not too much happened this weekend... I don't think. Did it? I don't remember. Bad blogger. Obviously nothing worth blogging about. 

Last week I went to dinner with a bunch of new friends that are no longer imaginary. (I am on a roll here people!!) I got an email from a gal who I have met once when I went to her little daughter Chloe's birthday party a couple years ago. Do you remember? I went with Little Eden to help and Asher was just a baby. Little Eden was so super cute with Chloe I couldn't even stand it. Tara is the champion of a special needs kids blog as well as Chloe's Sunshine Playground. She asked if I would like to go to dinner with her and a group of other special needs moms. I called Matthew to get it on his calendar and I was giddy. I had a date! 

Even though Tara had a bit of an emergency and couldn't go, I was so excited to get to meet a couple of bloggers and mommies that I interact with really frequently online! I am linking to their blogs here... Sammy's mom Jenny. Caleb's mom April. Jackson's mom Jennie. (Jackson is a 7q guy and our husbands actually work together so we have chatted a bit about that in the past, small world...). Hunter's mom Chrystal and a few other's that I didn't get a lot of time to chat with. (I need to update my blog list don't I?)

At one point we were talking about wheelchairs and I mentioned that I had an appointment for Dylan the following day when April chimed in and said she had a wheelchair that was just Dylan's size. You see... her son passed away a little over a year ago and it's just one of those things that she had been hanging on to. It just so happens that a few days prior, she saw it in the basement, and decided it was time to find it a good home. And that she did. We met the following day and she took a couple of pictures of Dylan in it to remember where Caleb's important stuff had gone and wah-la! We have a wheelchair. 

Remember how I said I wasn't sure I was ready? Yea, that...

It fits her wonderfully and it has a canopy that doesn't block her vision at all. She is up and about and can look around while in it. It will take a special opportunity to use it... one in which both Matthew and I are there to push wheeled vehicles since Asher and Grey still need to ride. (Though Asher is getting close to being trusted with hand holding...) I will for sure get pictures of her in it when we try it out! I am excited.

Otherwise it was wonderful being able to sit and chat will all of these ladies about tube feeding and poop and not being able to do as many things with your other kids because you have to consider your broken one. At one point one gal said that she had talked to her doctor about suspending puberty and kind of apologized at first because it's controversial... yea, not to anyone there!  We talked about some of the things that just suck and only another special needs mom can fully understand. Loved it. Love Love Love. I am in the club.

Every time Asher is left in the garage by himself I peek out there and see that the little monkey has hoisted himself up on Matthew's motorcycle. He just sits way up high on it and looks so tiny. It's funny, Matthew needed to take him on a little drive... and he did. I was pretty nervous but the boys thought it was a-maz-ing. The evening was topped off when an ice cream truck came by and we got some ice cream, woot! Very exciting you see. And messy. Very messy. 

Little miss Dylan is HORRIBLY underrepresented in this set of pictures. Mommy fail. Kind of, she was just around being super happy somewhere. I will take some for next tine. 

I took this picture for the sole purpose of showing off Duncan's Vertical bruise that matches Ian's Horizontal one. 

As Duncan's has healed it is traveling, he got a black eye! 

Doesn't everyone sit around and paint in their pajamas?

Serious business

It's the perfect shot! Wait... Ian! Matthew looks so handsome here! swoon.

To be fair to Ian...

This wasn't going to be good enough for daddy...

Yes, I was having a heart attack. Totally... but I trust my husband. It is a cute picture...

Not so sure about ice cream... great meme picture though. 

Going in for the kill

Okay so... before he even started he was a mess! Those are mashed potatoes on his shirt from dinner. He has yet to master the spoon...



Yes, this is pretty much what we get of Asher


Do I have something on my face?

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh Yay! I'm so glad we've reconnected. I haven't been blogging on a regular basis, but maybe I'll update more than once a year. I'm so glad you came to dinner. I still wish I could cut my hair like yours. So cute! Oh, and post some pics with Dylan and her new chair. We want to see her new wheels. :)

Steve, Jessica, Matilda and August said...

I love that grumpy picture of Grayson!