Thursday, August 15, 2013

Jungle Jungle

We left the house again! It's was a party at Jungle Jim's! (Or Jungle Jungle or Jungle Junction depending on who you ask.) We got discount passes online from one of those group things which is good, I can stomach $15 for the adventure over $27. I can barely stomach the place and then I am cheap so, the price, oye.

Everything in that place is sticky.

For real.

The four kids, Duncan, Ian, Asher and Abbi were all over the place having so much fun riding all of the rides. Weeeeee! I had to go on that crazy spinning one with Asher and we was so cute. He was yelling "More, More, More!" While it was still going! His face was adorable.

Once the little blond dude got tired though he only wanted one thing, to sit on the fire truck that you have to put tokens in (Aunt Traci threw him a bone here and gave me a quarter to get a token). This complicates things, at least there were two adults so we could split up, but what's the fun in not being able to talk to one of the only few adults in the place?

Greyson and Dylan were great, both slept a little but spent most of the time chilling and watching. They are so good! Tried to make the adventure easy on us! Traci was great helping chase Asher and push the stroller from place to place too, we were totally in sync with what needed to be done. Tag team! Woot!

After that adventure we went to another adventure of it's own... Old McDonald's. This would be the second time that Duncan has ever been inside (that I know of...) with the other time being with Traci as well. They had so much fun but the entire family was ready for a nap when we got home... mostly me. Phew! What a fun adventure though!

Every time we see a fast food restaurant the kids now ask me if they can go inside. I am having a lot of fun telling them that we can only go inside with Traci so, darn it... we can't.

Matthew was making a run to the store and I told him to get some more kid toothpaste for down stairs. We need to be ready for school to start, once we get in a routine they will have to brush their teeth down where I can see them and make sure the job gets done. He got like 6 tubes, which is so Matthew and neither here nor there... but he also got new toothbrushes. Trying to be dad of the year he got electric toothbrushes for the big boys and "Tooth Tunes" for Asher. Have you seen these? They play music that you can kinda hear just standing holding it but you can REALLY hear it when it's touching your teeth. So, Asher is learning his ABC's while he brushes his teeth now... which he already knows, but you know. Novelty. All of a sudden the Spiderman and Alvin and the Chipmunks electric toothbrushes aren't nearly cool enough and I have to go BACK to the store for more Tooth Tunes. Spoiled.. back in my day we only had... well, you know.

My Greyson is climbing the stairs now which is not cool. There is tile at the bottom yo! He is such a cautious little person he practically taught himself to come back down them. I just panic, run to the bottom of the stairs and watch him slowly back down. When he figures out how much fun is at the top of the stairs we are in big trouble! I am glad he learned how to go up and down them before he can stand on his own because he doesn't actually think to stand on the stairs at all. Still totally freaked out about this though. Not cool Grey, not cool.

Melissa shaved off his hair wings this week. She gave him quite the trim all the way around and on the top and... wahhhhh! He looks so old! Bring back the bozo!

We had chicken for dinner the other night and Duncan asked "Where does chicken come from". Oh, this should be fun... to create a vegetarian or not create a vegetarian that is the question.

"Chicken comes from chicken."
"Like, from the egg?"
"No, like the chicken, like you kill it, chop it up and eat it... a chicken, you know.. bwack bwack."(I know, I am delicate...)

I got a coy grin out of him as things clicked and then we moved on to Bacon, vegetarian phase over. Nom nom.



Get that filthy finger OUT. OF. YOUR. MOUTH.



Blurry! So. Sad.


Stupid freaking train!


Come on mom, really?

Okay, I will smile! 

Such a pretty girl

The audience

No comments: