Friday, June 1, 2012

PT at the park

My sweet husband has been off all week long! He took a few days off after Memorial Day to get a few to-do things crossed off his list. He had quite the list!!

One of the things he still needs to do it fix Duncan's flat tire. We all went for a walk the other night and we were quite the crew. Duncan was on his bike, Matthew was pulling the wagon with a very stylin' Asher and a sleeping Dylan and I was pushing Ian in the push car. Ian was steering in continuous left circles, so... not ready for driving quite yet. Needless to say, Duncan was only on his training wheels due to a flat tire. Otherwise, he did great on his bike and the kids loved it.

While Matthew was off from work I got to cash in my Mother's Day present and I went for a prenatal massage. It was AMAZING! See, with a little practice I can get good at this massage stuff! She was wonderful and when it was over I could hardly even walk! I was out of it. So funny. It is SO expensive! And when you get home it's back to the grind... but, I think I may just have to get one at least once a month... Matthew created this monster, he wanted to make it easier to get me gifts, he didn't know he would have to get me them in between gifts too!

Hopefully this weekend we will finally get Duncan and Ian's room moved downstairs. Matthew has been fighting this because they are little but Duncan seems excited and we need the room! We will move the bunk beds down and then decide if Ian will be up with Asher or down with Duncan. Duncan changes his mind by the day on whether or not Ian should move down with him! Either way, Asher needs to get the boot out of my room! He is a light sleeper and so am I.

Not sure what is going to happen with my exercise stuff since I think that will be the room they land in. I only use it in between pregnancies and it's got quite the layer of dust! Yes, I am totally one of those people that considers pregnancy as an excuse to pig out and eat whatever I want. Why not when it's back to the grind just a couple months after? I look more like a whale than a pregnant girl, but hey... You are only pregnant once, or twice... Or like four times, but whatever.

Last week we had PT with Mike and we went to the park, but not the playground... We tackled some enormous hills! The boys thought the hills were great. They were running and collecting branches and doing a good job keeping themselves entertained while Dylan was working.  We got to play a little at the park after but Dylan was ready for bed and she slept a few hours after we got home. PT wears her out.

Mike had her climb some big cement steps and then climb hills, on her feet, walking! Her new braces work great for going up hill because of the flex in the ankle, would be a lot hard to climb with ankles held stationary right? Would be super tricky. She did really well but she hated every second. She would cry and complain the entire way until she got her toy at the top of the hill and then she would be laughing and fine. She just didn't want to work.

Last day of school last Wednesday and Duncan wasn't grasping that it was really is it for his teachers! Boo hoo. He asked if he had school today and I was like "no... I told you that you don't have school for a long time!" Might be a long summer for us! Play Doh seemed to keep them occupied for a while today... What will it be all the other days of the summer? HELP?!

Duncan took half a plastic ball, egg thing and us it on the Play Doh and he said "look mom, I made an ice statue!!" I was like 'ice statue??' and I looked over and he had an igloo. Ice statue. Cute.

I think he wanted the camera...

My baby is a cat... he tries to climb in all kinds of things, boxes, toys... Duncan has a treasure box that is abut 5x8 inches and he put a foot in and sat down. I don't think he quite understood why he didn't fit.

Another example. This toy is one of the best toys on the planet. It comes with cars that have balls in them so they roll around but Asher will find something (anything... measuring cup?), you will see a spark and he will boogie over to the toy, put it in and hit the thing to watch it spin. Big or little, no toy is off limits and clearly it withstands punishment.

Best part about daddy changing lightbulbs... the ladder!

One of our egg chairs is in Dylan's room and Asher LOVES it. He bee lines there. And, of course, if Asher wants something (or if ANYone wants something) Ian wants it too.

Hard work - Look at her face!

More climbing, and more complaining.

Climbing big cement stairs - Looking for other options but clearly Mike is not giving her another way out. 

Look how good her brothers were being... So cute.

1 comment:

Jiey^Mien said...

Hi there,

I stumbled upon your blog after I googled for holoprosencephaly..

Such a blessing to have Dylan in your life.. And I'm glad to see she's doing good.

I have a son with HPE as well.. It feels good to know that I'm not alone..