Thursday, May 17, 2012

And oh yea, by the way...

First... I owe an apology to Shelley! I think all along I have been calling her Dylan's aide in the blog, not really thinking, but all along Dylan has been getting the special treatment and has been with the Special Education Teacher at the preschool! Not an aide! I have to give credit where credit is due... she earned this title! Eeeeep! Forgive me Shelley!

I say this because I thought Shelley was going to stay with my girl for another year and I was way bummed to find out she's not. Like way bummed. Dylan recognizes Shelley's name. When I get her ready for school and I ask if she wants to go to school and see Shelly she gets excited and her face lights up. She doesn't recognize many people by name but she does Shelley. I am nearly beside myself and I can't really dwell on it.

We went to the preschool end of the year program and art show on Monday and watch Duncan sing (kind of) songs with the class. They had made these shakers from paper plates and even though Shelley said Dylan HAD clapping with it, she was done. By the performance all she wanted to do was grab it from Shelley and throw it! I thought it was cute and funny, but I think Shelley was looking forward to her showing us how well she was doing with it. Dylan was having none of it!

Duncan actually sang so we went for a shake after, but before we picked up the littles, and he thought that was a swell lunch.

Noah's school program is today and I told Aunt Jill t keep an eye on the aide for the special needs girl he has in his class and tell me if her aide loves her. He is in the 4-5 year old class and I assume that would be Dylan's aide. Jill seems to think it would be impossible not to love Dylie... I hope so.

We will miss all of our teachers, I can't believe how hard this will be! Duncan is always talking about Ms. Ole (which is not really her name...) at home and how he wants to go to her house. You can tell that the teachers really care for him because of how much fun he has and he can be a handful! I hope I like all their teachers this much forever.

This week I had my council meeting and we all had to go get our picture taken as a group. Great. With this big old belly? After I put. On my black shirt for the day I asked Matthew if black was slimming and he said "Yes!" and then added "... If you are also standing behind something black!" That's my man!

Asher is close to walking now, he will stand independently and he bridges very well but when it comes to actually having to take steps he chickens out and bends down. The little turkey. He has taken maybe one or two steps but that's it. I give him two weeks. Owen runs around here like crazy which leads Ian to believe he is older than Asher and Ian is a bit rougher with Owen. He wants to chase him around, which Owen loves, but he is not as sure footed at Ian! Lots of mommy gasps when that chasing thing is happening! And it's happening with those guy a LOT!

We have been to church for a few weeks in a row, thanks to our friends who save seats for us and assist! It seems like they enjoy it, I hope they do... I cringed last week when Asher spilled the bag of Cheerios and sweet Mike, who is a grown man by the way, was down between the benches scooping them up! Oye! Going for a few weeks in a row doesn't seem like it would be brag worthy but it is! Oh it is!

Duncan filled out a form for Sunday School for Mother's Day
My mom is "5" years old..
My mom weighs "65" pounds.
My mom's favorite color is "blue".
My mom's favorite food is "salad".
My mom always says "be good!" and "don't slam the doors!"
My mom cooks the best "hot dog".
My mom's job is "clean toys".
My mom laughs when "I fall down".
If my mom had time she would love to "sleep and go on walks".
My mom and I like to "go on walks and drives".
My mom really loves "me the best!"
I love my mom because "of everything".
I especially love that I can cook a mean hot dog and I laugh at him when he falls down. Awesome.

Asher's well child check up is tomorrow morning but everything should be pretty cut and dry. Nothing too exciting I am sure. Then no big plans for the weekend other than making several trips to the Sev for some Slurpees!

And, oh yea... by the way for those who don't know, I am pregnant! (Okay okay, not a shocker to the people we are closest too but I bet there are a few stragglers!) Again! Why? Well, here are a few reasons.
  • Our Pediatrician gave us a ringing endorsement. He told us if we wanted to have 23 more he would be happy to see us through them. (He says... until he retires... I have no idea how old he is! I hope he sticks with us!)
  • Everyone says the teen years are the worst, might as well all muscle through it together!
  • I can't leave the house as it is anyway, well, at least without a big to-do about it!
  • I am old and my eggs are rotting (When I said this to a friend she said "Well, they aren't getting any younger that's for sure!" XOXO Sara!)  
  • No really, my eggs are rotting and if anyone has experience in what CAN happen if things don't go quite right, it's us.
  • We are kind of good at this parenting thing. (If I do say so myself.)
  • I don't ever want to look back and say that we should have had one more. Oh who am I kidding, I probably can't prevent thinking this! We should always have one more!
  • Duncan wants more babies. 6 boys and 6 girls to be exact. (Well, or 76 on a big day.) He promises to share his toys. So far we have one named Stupendous and another named Angie (who is the woman who he sits with in church!).
  • Saying we had four under four wasn't fun enough. Five ages four and under has a nice ring to it!
  • We finally got this church thing down (I think) nothing like throwing another wrench in it!  
  • My sister in laws pretty much accuse me of being pregnant 100% of the time. Might as well live up to the expectation.
  • There is an off chance Ian will start school next year for speech, I can't even have ONE baby at home! How lonely would that be?
  • I find it really, REALLY hard to focus on losing my last 10-15 lbs of baby fat knowing I am just going to gain 60lbs when I get pregnant again anyway. Believe it or not, this is one step closer to my goal!  
  • We have room in the car. (Not sure what we are going to do after this...)
  • Not ready to give up the baby snuggles, but Asher almost is.
And the number one reason? I love my family, I love my kids and I love the dynamic they have together because we are a big family. I can't wait to watch them love eachother as they grow. Wait, yes... I can wait. Where is the pause button?

The new us

Boo hoo, wahhh! The kids and their teachers.

Duncan got these cool glasses from the birthday party he went to last Saturday. Totally wicked!
(Wow, just wow, at the state of the living room behind him!)

Will she ever look at a teacher this way again?

Pretty sure this was right before she grabbed the plate and threw it to the side. 

Heart and soul! Wish I didn't have to blur the other kiddos, it's an adorable picture with all three of them singing away with open mouths!

Love these boys

He is actually staring blankly at the TV (nice!) but I had to get a shot with the hat on. He loves it! 
 

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You guys are fabulous parents and your children are blessed to have you!
(And I'm not saying that just so you'll grow out of your house and need my services!!)

Shane said...

Love It!!