Friday, May 4, 2012

And beyond! And beyond!

Oye! So the bow thing! I left the bows out of Dylan's hair for a few days in the hopes that she would just forget her new hobby of pulling them out and throwing them on the ground. Then I moved to either one bow or two smaller bows. This seemed to be working quite nicely. Well, except for one thing... apparently Shelley was looking all over the place for her bow on Wednesday, asking the therapists if they had seen it anywhere, well, she only had one bow that day!! Her one bow was nicely placed over a pony where I had put it. Poor Shelley! I felt bad!

Duncan and Dylan got invited to a birthday party for a boy in their class. That's very exciting, it's our first birthday party with a school friend. I think Duncan is the most excited about finding out where Jeremy lives since he seems to be a bit preoccupied with where friend's live at the moment. I think if he could he would pop in on them all for a surprise visit. It might take some maneuvering though because that party is over Matthew's cello lesson and I have a baby shower for a friend the same day. Everyone who knows me knows that I don't DO showers. Like at all. But I really adore this little gal from our neighborhood so I actually wouldn't mind stopping in! Shocker!

I was so SO excited to score some Thomas the Train tickets for when he visits the Heber Valley Railroad this month. SO excited. They are quite pricey and splurging on it would be quite the mental adjustment for me but there was an opportunity to go and I jumped (almost literally) on getting the tickets. We plan to leave Asher with his Aunt Meggie that day because he doesn't care too much. Since Dylan was the one that scored her train loving brothers the tickets she gets to go. I hope she likes it too! We aren't going to tell Duncan though, it will be a good surprise for him! Pretty excited about that too! Squeeee!

We had PT this week at the park and I arranged a helper and everything. I thought the day would be perfect as it was a bit overcast and for a successful park PT session we must have a few things a) no sun and b) no wind. We were one for two. It was so windy! I knew she would hate it and she did. She wasn't all about it. Mike gets an A for effort though, he tried and she was having none of it at all. The boys did get to play a bit with their cousins. Asher is just like Duncan was and when I put shoes on him he didn't move at all so he sat on the curb by the park nearly the entire time. It was pretty cute. I forgot my camera but the day was a big fail anyway. I guess maybe pictures would have been a win... oh well! Dangit!

Speaking of pictures, we need to get the kids out with their cousins and do a picture day to get some cute ones, it's been a long time since we have done that. School pictures are just too pricey and not as fun as outside ones. We will see if we can coordinate that at some point and get some pictures of Asher off to his great grandmas!

Nothing exciting planned for this weekend, maybe daddy will come up with something... I really don't care what we do as long as Chinese food is somewhere in the plan! YUM!
Start 'em young (Tap Tap Baby by the way, all littles are fascinated by it and it's free!)

The underwear... You can't really tell in this picture but... I was doing laundry and Ian found a pair of Duncan's Toy Story underwear and he took his pants off and busied himself putting them on. (He is a VERY do it myself two-year-old) and he put them on with both legs in one leg hole so he didn't get them all the way up (but far enough). He then ran around the house saying "And beyond!! And beyond!!" I left them on and put his pants up over so daddy could experience the fun too! And beyond!

My boys. Ian was swinging Asher around and it looked not very fun and kind of painful (for Ian) but he didn't seem to mind at all. 

We went quite a bit higher in this swing, he felt much better about the ride than he did in the car swing. He was giggling.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am amazed by how green and soft your grass looks! Ha, Ha. Your kids are cute too. :)