Saturday night Grandma LouAnn came over for dinner and egg dying. Duncan did very well as she taught him how to put the eggs in without splashing, Ian, not so much... and when he took a scoop of the color and took a drink he decided maybe egg dying wasn't for him. So we distracted him with 'can-eee!' in the high chair. I cooked the PERFECT amount of eggs this year and Duncan held on until the end. They are beautiful.
Last week Shelley told me that a student teacher at the Preschool would like to come see me at home and ask some questions for something that she was doing for school. She told me I didn't have to clean for them, but I so did. It was a good excuse to pick up and I haven't had a good excuse for a while!
So on Friday Ms. Shelley and Ms. Meredith showed up. Turns out Ms. Meredith is getting her Master's in Special Education and for a project she needed to choose a child and basically become their specialist and she chose Dylan. Matthew said "Well that was a mistake!" I am sure because he thought will be a lot of work! But I think that might just make a big assignment easier. A lot of things to choose from! She has to do a paper and a presentation. On the Pickle!
So she asked my questions about Dylan, about our family, about the future and more and we chatted for a while. Dylan seemed to think it was pretty darn cool that Shelley was in her house! She really seemed to notice.
I told Meredith I would like to read the paper when she was done, and no pressure, but also that I would likely share it on the blog! I am not sure how happy that made her but she agreed! So...
Ian has finally gotten how to do the matching game on the iPad. He plays a game that goes from choosing something that's different, little puzzles, counting and a matching game and every time it would get to the matching game he would hand it to me to do until there were only two left... then four. And now he does all eight. LouAnn was quite impressed watching him! It is fun watching him play and do things you wouldn't guess he would get at this age. He also likes to color and draw a lot more than Duncan did, likely because he is around it more because I will set them both up with things to do next to each other where Duncan was a busy body and did his own thing a lot when he was two.
I forgot to mention that my niece Eden was very brave one night and she cathed Dylan! It was a huge step as she has watched and wanted to but never actually done it herself. This makes her the first person other than a medical professional or her parents who have done this for Dylan. Pretty awesome and very brave no? She is the first one who knows how to do every bit of Dylan's care now.
Getting ready to dye eggs
Grandma Lou explaining to "slowly roll it in"
Ian being kept otherwise occupied
Buddies, no interest in egg dying
Signing 'candy' with tired eyes (unprompted, he always does it)
Asher with someone's loot
Duncan found the most eggs, by like... 20 times
Dinner er... breakfast and a show
Happy Easter (she is smiling...)
Every year the 'all kids Easter picture' gets more and more difficult
The best one is somewhere in between this one...
And this one.












2 comments:
cute shannon!
Awesome! I am glad she chose Dylan!
Post a Comment