Thursday, April 19, 2012

Picture day and EEG results

I went to the kid's school on Wednesday knowing it was picture day and thinking I would take Ian in and see if we could get a good one of him too. As soon as I opened the door to the room where the picture taking was set up he acted like I was sending him into the snake pit! Dragging feet, big tears. I didn't get it because it was the big room where they play when it's too cold outside! Toys, bikes, balls! Seriously??

He already looked bad because I tried to get them to not mess up their hair before we left with electronic entertainment and when I took it away it was all over. He was sad all the way over to the school and sad when we got there and then flipped out about the room thing. Ugggghh, of course, it was picture day!

So just as I was resigned that it wasn't going to happen and buckled Ian back in Duncan's class came out in a line to have their pictures taken. All of a sudden Ian thought it was a good idea! Especially because Dylan was in a wagon! (She had just walked all the way to the classroom and Shelley didn't have the heart to make her walk all the way out again!)

That was all it took. Since I was there, I helped with Dylan's pictures and I think we got a good smile (major team effort!) even though it was a close up (the other kid's shots were full body). Ms. Meredith was under the stairs holding her sitting! She took one for the team! After the class Ian was up and I hope it looks cute. Guess we will find out in a month!

I don't think I would normally do Spring and Fall pics but with the option of Ian being included and Duncan's new hair do. Maybe we will... Just a few. Asher might feel left out so no one tell him okay? He will be old enough to be included in next Spring's pictures!

Asa's blessing was on Sunday and we went to Shannon and Tracy's house after for yummy food. Enough yummy food that they even brought left over dinner for us! Love well-rounded, home cooked meals that I didn't have anything to do with! (The first clue I had nothing to do with it would be the well-rounded, the second? Home cooked.) the kids all played outside after, it was a beautiful night to enjoy our "country views" across the street!

Paula called about Dylan's EEG and I was right! Lots of abnormal activity. She said the activity was consistent with kids that have had Infantile Spasms that have now developed other types of seizures that happen to look like IS. This would be Myoclonic. So, that's good... I guess. Is it good? We will likely up her dose of meds since she is still having them but it's been a very bad couple of weeks for her bowels so I want to wait until I see the spasms again before I make the change. It's been a couple of days and nothing. That IS good.

Dylan has reached a developmental milestone that is likely driving her teachers at school nuts. She is now pulling out her bows. Especially her right one! She hardly ever did it at home but I guess I should have known it was happening when she started coming home from school with only one bow on! Well, now she does it at home too! Yay! What price do we pay to have her adorable?

So to that I say, "yay for developmental milestones! She pulls out her bows!" Her Aunt Melissa said leaving them alone will be the next one! So now that her teachers taught her to pull them out maybe they can start working on that!?

Speaking of Aunt Melissa, she came out to help in a big way this week while I went to the Family Advisory Board meeting. Matthew ended up with last minute meetings and we had to make arrangements for me to go. I love when family comes to watch the kids because they pick up around the house, clean the counters and the kids absolutely love the change! My "vacation" was good too! Nothing like feeling like a grown up!

Owie is back in town!!


All of our family keeps asking if Asa is cute and I just keep insisting he is but nothing does it justice like a picture or two!

This is all my kid needs, a little caffeine to stunt the growth! 

But he likes it!

 Asher blending in to the chair... Which was fine with him as long as you didn't make his feet touch the grass! He was having none of it!

Love this look..., with the eyes up, he gives it to me all the time. 

Cute baby starting to look like a little boy! *tear*

No comments: