In the morning I went over to LouAnn's to get Asher's picture taken with Lanie and Owen. Megan has really been pushing this for the last several weeks. I told her there was no way, ever, EVER, I would haul my crew somewhere to have Asher's picture taken. Shoot, I don't even haul them all there to get all of their pictures taken. Why in the world would I Asher? PITA.
But it's something that was really important to her. They will be leaving town and she likes that they were all born around the same time. So she worked the Eden angle and Eden came up with a brilliant alternative and that was for Eden to take their pictures at LouAnn's house.
Yes! This works for me.
Asher was not terribly cooperative because when we got going to was about the time he usually goes down for a short morning nap. He wasn't his cheerful self but we will see if we get something good out of it.
In the afternoon Traci came over for our craft day and we made more hairbows. We are making matchy matchy hair do's for all of the outfits in the world, errrr... that the girls own, and then we will move on to conquering Pinterest ideas. We already have some big ideas so this couple hours every week will help me be productive. In addition Abbi and Duncan have some time to spend together and be cousins. Right now it's working very very well.
And as a bonus my house ends up more clean after Traci leaves than it was when she got there. Nice right?
I was making our delicious and nutritious dinner of cayenne and pepper rubbed chicken with avocado lime salsa for dinner (thank you Shannon) and I had turned my back for a quick second and that was all it took. Dylan reached up and dumped my finely chopped onions and fresh squeezed lime juice all over the floor. Splat. Why oh why do I think of taking a picture AFTER I have the situation under control? Would have been a good documentation of the disaster. (It was BAD) Dinner cooking, mess in the kitchen and crazy no napped kids. Not a good combo. But oh yea, I keep my cool.
Matthew took the boys all down stairs while I cleaned and cleaned and finished dinner. I think my floor will always smell like onions and limes though. Not the best smell but somewhat appropriate for a kitchen I suppose. Something tells me that won't be the last time that will happen. I guess that's what you get when you have someone with the mind of a 9 month old but the reach of a four year old wandering around!
We managed, but it wasn't the last mess of the evening.
After dinner I was topping Asher off with a bottle and he drank, a lot. Too much. Can you see where I am going with this? Yes! Oh my word... It was like a newborn when they let it all go you can't even believe that much stuff fit in there. Yay for reliving the dinner mess (sans the already missing onions and lime juice) with the added fun of milk. Woot.
My neighbors drove by and waved to me as I was shaking off the towel, blanket, his clothes and my clothes of the porch and I thought to myself "It's never a good sign when a mom is shaking laundry off of the porch!" Good times.
End of longest day ever.
We got the insurance quote on Dylan's new fancy AFOs and they only quoted us ten percent which is actually good. We expected to pay 100% this early in the year but something tells me we must have already met our 100% out of pocket. Her new bad boys are costing $2500 which is up from her last ones that cost about $800 I think. Holy moly. They are made on site with molds from her feet and they will have a lot that has gone in to them since they will allow her ankle to flex, but wow.
Saying another HUGE thanks to insurance right now. Thank you for paying your dues, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you. We definitely reap the benefits even though the rest of the family is fairly inexpensive.
We will be picking them up next week. Pictures to follow (of course!)
Duncan has learned the word "No" he is testing us I am sure. As long as he keeps filling us with Duncanisms like these we can deal with it.
"Dad, are you old... Or fat?"
"Mom? Is my brain turned on?"
I also should mention that Duncan came home with three pieces of artwork today. His along with some gorgeous pictures from Ericka and Dana who gave them theirs because "they are his friends". Do I need to be concerned? Ha! I think it's adorable!
And, pictures of his cool super fast hair! (No, they aren't always in these shirts... well, okay, yea they are.)



2 comments:
I LOVE THIS POST!!!
I know I shouldn't be laughing, but dang....that is one crazy day!
It seems so unbelievable when you have days like that, and later, years later, you will look back and won't even know how you did manage to get through those kind of days. But you do, and you will smile because you did :) and you will remember and be forever grateful for all the little everyday things that helped get you through . . . Like the friend at work who said . . . You can do it man!! Or the neighbor who shoveled your driveway after that huge snow storm before you were even up yet . . .or your husband brings you coffee while you were work. . .the puppy who helps keep the floors clean by licking up all the crumbs dropped on the floor. . .and the kids who tell you they are sorry that you had a bad day at work and give you hugs and say I love you momma.
Post a Comment