Needless to say, Friday I was 100%, starving and two lbs lighter (mostly water I am sure!). Wow.
The most amazing thing happened! (Again!) when I went to get the kids from school on Monday Ms. Connie opened the school door and, there she was. Dylan was being led by the hand, and she walked all the way to the car! I was just telling Debi I was excited for when she will walk to the school herself and walah! Ask and ye shall receive. Debi said she led her all the way to the bathroom too! Cute!
Apparently the little gal is warming up nicely to her new sporty shoes. She apparently walked ALL day at school. They said she literally never sat down. Ms. Connie also said "You didn't warn us she can open doors! We had to keep an eye on her!" I told her I didn't know! They have the handle type doors and she said she kept walking to the door, opening it, and then shutting it. Rinse and repeat. She does like doing that with our doors, but thank goodness we don't have handles! Baby girl would be wandering the house in the middle of the night.
We are again contemplating the pyroform aperture stenosis repair for her. We can't at all make up our minds here. She is not sleeping swell she absolutely cannot breath and it breaks our hearts. Can two weeks of misery remedy every night of discomfort and far from great sleeping? The risks of spinal meningitis, the odd lower spine requiring a neurosurgeon's help to tap? The stints and the long tube they stick down to drain it every little while. Eeeep. I just don't know but I tell you every time I hear her struggling to breath or waking long before she should because of it the thought crosses my mind. I think Matthew is ready, I am a hold over, I just can't decide, we will need major family help if she is in the hospital for a week or weeks. Maybe Matthew can take a vacation. I just don't know. Big sigh.
Tracy and Shannon came over last weekend and I finally (FINALLY) got to meet their new baby Asa. He is so handsome! I am in love! We haven't seen them since before Christmas so we exchanged gifts as well and mama got a cotton candy machine!! Wooohoooo! Not only can you use the flavored sugar for it, which they also me the standard yummy pink vanilla, but you can also use hard candy! All be darned if butter rum cotton candy isn't the best thing I have ever tasted! EVER. I would be lying if I said I hadnt pulled it out and whipped me up some fluff while the kids were sleeping!
The first night we used red hots, butter rum lifesavers, fruit lifesavers (holy sour, my mouth is watering thinking about it) and candy canes (which bits of fly all around the air!). I just went to the store and got root beer barrels as well and I can't wait to try them. I just haven't been feeling well enough to think about eating candy since I got them! Best. Present. Ever. YUM! Now we need a dentist in the family more than ever, can't wait for Jared to get out of school! Holla!
Asher had his one year well child check today and he is so skinny! Like, off the charts skinny! He is 18lbs 13 oz and 30 inches long. His height is 50th percentile and his weight isn't on the chart. His weight for height is even lower off the chart! Other than that doing fine of course. He's easy and delightful. He got a few shots and he was TICKED. Poor guy. He napped well but is still pretty mad. He likes to put his legs up and hook his toes on the edge of the high chair tray while he eats and now when he does it it's a reminder of those pokes he got. He yells, I hand him cookies, we will see how the rest of the day goes!
Asher is my little baby, Ian is my big baby. Duncan told me the other day that we need a new big baby that doesn't hit. Ian does hit, he does anything to get a rise out of Duncan and boy can he make him mad! "I am SO mad at you Ian!!" is frequently heard around here!
When I was dropping the kids off at school Duncan said "Is Ms. Debi here yet?" I told him no, that we should call her and she will come. So he said "OH MS. DEBI!??!!" He called her I guess! I found this pretty amusing because I call her on the phone, the same way, every school morning. I can't say I have ever leaned out and said "Ms. Debi!?" and had her appear! Silly boy.
Also last night Duncan was throwing a major flip out. Four has been a rough little time for us, he has just been pretty wonderful and obedient that he is just now majorly testing his boundaries I think. Yesterday it was lying. He lied a couple times during the day. I put him in time out and every time I asked why he was there he got it wrong. I explained, waited a few minutes, came back and wrong again. Lying, not telling the truth, that's why you are in time out! Sheesh, I finally just let him go after I talked to him. But then he lied to his dad that night and WOW. out of the tub he went, straight into his room and he FREAKED. Kicking, yelling, crying. I was sick right? So just listening and waiting in case Matthew wanted me but Matthew got him all ready for bed early and it was over, early bed time. While we were calmly watching TV we hear Duncan come out of his room and he said "Dad, we forgot to brush my teeth" (voice cracking a little) "are they clean?" He had a big cheese so we could see his teeth and his eyes were squinting from the light, it was freaking cute. Matthew said "you're right buddy let's go brush them." Cute end to a somewhat stormy bed time!
Tracy and Shannon left without Dylie or Asher opening their presents because they were in bed but the next day when we opened Dylan's and I held it up Ian yelled "Cooooot!" Haha! He approved!
Our Velentine's this year. Duncan's "You make my heart glow" Glow sticks, the teacher's (including Shelley and Ms' Debi's brownies) and Dylan's ring pop's sporting a 3elove.com card with the cool wheelchair heart. Funny story about the glow sticks, I wasn't sure how to transport them but I found the perfect box, The boxes Dylan's catheters come in, PERFECT! Except, it's clearly labeled catheters. So a I briefly laughed with Ms. Debi about it telling her "Oh well, it's no secret we have bowel and bladders issues in our house!" She was amused.

Asa had to have at least one picture. It's cute... but the real life is cuter!

Ian got a new toothbrush from Tracy and Shannon which he though was...

The Best. Preset. Ever. But I think the cotton candy maker still wins!
1 comment:
Glad you're feeling better!!! Now you know not to eat the worm when you get to the bottom of the tequila!
Post a Comment