Matthew was laying on the couch and called her over, she got to the couch by his feet, stood up and cruised to him the rest of the way. Preferring that over walking on her knees! AWESOME. And I thought Mike was crazy when he told me she would be walking in 6 months!!
Still waiting for approval on the PT for insurance. Apparently they sent him a letter requesting more information. Until then, we are just continuing with the sessions. No sense in waiting, either they will pay or not, Mike will continue to help us try to get it through insurance and we shall see. It's worth every penny we pay regardless.
Asher is great, he's sooooo mellow. (But remember, so was Ian for the longest time!) He just chills, looking around, soaking it all in. When he's tired he just closes his eyes and goes to sleep. He had a great 5+ hours of sleep the last two nights in a row. I still have to get up if Dylan wakes but he's very cooperative!
The only thing is that he's a bit yellow at this point. STILL. I was reading about it and some mom's milk has something in it that causes them to retain billirubin and this is usually the case if it's still bad past a week. He had formula in the hospital and I was hoping that supplemental formula would help with the lack of food that commonly causes jaundice but alas... it is not so. I will have to wake him pretty quickly to eat since I read that if this is the case they should east 8-10 times in a 24 hours period. That's a lot! But if he doesn't knock it off he may end up in the suit case like Ian did.
We shall see what he looks like tonight and tomorrow. They told me to call if he got yellow to his belly and he has been but I was holding on to the hope it would pass.
On Saturday Michael, Megan, Shannon and Tracy came over and Matthew brought out a new toy he bought. It was a blow up bubble ball thing that you get inside and roll around in. Commence chaos! It was crazy and loud and late but it was probably the best $30 ever spent, pictures below.
And for a little bit of TMI - You've been warned... (This is my journal right?)
Upon my discharge from the hospital they have to do discharge training which is basically going over all of the information from the doctors, follow up appointments, care and feeding of a newborn etc. When the nurse was talking to me she told me to stay away from my husband for 6 weeks. (Need I say more? No right?). Well, a little while later she brought in the orders and noted on the sheet that it said four weeks. Her reaction was funny "Well, four.. hmm, most doctors say six? But I guess it depends on the doctor and this doctor said four. Interesting, well... four, six..." Then it dawned on me, the doctor that was on call and came to see me over the weekend is our neighbor, he's friends with Matthew!! I asked the nurse if Dr. T. filled it out, she looked and started laughing! She said "Oh, that's funny! I have to go tell the other nurses about this!" Not sure if the four was a joke or not, but it seems like he might be looking out for a brutha! I am going to have to give him a hard time about this! We all got a good laugh.
The other (very brave) thing that happened during my labor that might be a little bit too much information would be that I didn't wait for my epidural to be cathed. I thought about how many opportunities we actually have to be cathed when we are with it (answer: not many) and I wanted to see what it felt like seeing as how we do this to Dylan four times a day. I mentioned it to the nurse and asked what she was waiting for (the epi to kick in) and she told me she would do it if I really wanted her to. And so I did it, and, well, it's not terrible comfy I will be honest. However, with me they were using a foley cathether which has a little balloon they inflate in the bladder to help keep it in. (Dylan's button works in the same way.) As a result the foley cath is about the size of a dime in diameter, okay, slight exaggeration, but, it's a FAIR bit larger than the self-cath we use for Dylan, even taking body size into consideration. Maybe it just looked HUGE? Matt was like my cheerleader since he wants to know what it feels like too, like I could actually describe it other than it doesn't feel good! Anyway, not comfy, little crazy, good times, the more you know right?
And finally... when I talked about Asher's birth I said Matthew said "It's a... It's a... BOY" But, while true, I did leave a but of descriptive information out. He actually said "It's a... It's a... very well-endowed BOY!" My guess it when you aren't expecting to see a penis, even the tiniest newborn penis looks enormous! Again, TMI, but makes for a funny story!
This morning - More sun for Asher

The most interest Dylan has shown Asher - This is about all you get!

Ian and Uncle Shane

Cuteness - Meeting Aunt Traci and Uncle Shane

Shane and Dylan talking

Aunt Traci - Try to ignore the laundry, it's the general state of that couch, drives Matthew NUTS!

Dylan was dancing with Uncle Kiko - She was VERY amused!

This little big brother LOVES this big big brother! Ian thinks Duncan's great! I am not sure the feeling is mutual though Duncan doesn't really mind him.

This is the first of many pictures over a half hour or longer, he slept the entire time.

He was sleeping pretty solid...

Catching some rays.

He looks a little round in pictures but, there's not much to this kid. This is the only picture that really shows his little lanky new born body.

Oh yea, I totally stuck my kid in a basket...
After his bath in Dylan's towel - he was not very happy with me! He still has his cord so it was just a good wipe down. He's holding on to the towel for dear life.
This little man has the cutest little body! He is so teeny!

The new toy! Tracy and the kids - Charlotte's showing how late it was!
Chaos in the ball - I see Duncan and a Charlotte leg sticking straight up in the air behind him!
Dylan loved it inside even though Matt said she didn't want to go in it too badly.
She was smiling and looking around, taking it all in. (Like my Duncan management?)








2 comments:
Congrats Shannon!! (I know I'm a little late but I've been out of town.) You and Matt make beautiful babies. However, besides the prego picture of you....I didn't see any of you with Asher. (Love the name by the way!) I hope you have lots!
I carefully reviewed all pics that had me in them and none were fit to publish! Ha! Thanks for the congrats, and that you like the name! :)
Post a Comment