Dylan had more work on the stairs than she had ever had before - up and down several times. She has far less help than usual thanks to her little brother too but she did GREAT! I am proud of her!
It's kind of getting to the point where I think leaving her AFOs off is less of a nice favor from her parents to an injustice! She has gotten so used to them and it really seems like she enjoys the stability they provide her. She basically has them on from dawn until dusk now.
We also went into the basement and used card table chairs and storage bins to coral her in to doing some side-stepping and bridging, even bridging up to things on the pool table. She wasn't terribly sure about it. It's far more difficult to bridge up making her rely on her lower body carrying the weight rather than leaning over something and letting her arms take the weight. She was a trooper and as she got more and more tired Mike brought the chairs in so eventually it was a pretty closed in circle! That's when we moved to the stairs.
Mike always spends time with me providing information on shifting weight, carrying weight, what exercises take the most effort (and provide the most reward). I appreciate it. It all makes sense when he says it but it's not really something you normally think about... adding PT to nursing on the list for professions in another life!
We had a special guest over on Thursday, my nephew Bridger came to spend some time with us while his mom ran to an appointment. I offered, everyone knows two three year olds are far easier than one so I knew it would be a piece of cake. Duncan was sooooo so excited to have him over. Poor Bridgey is used to his older siblings brushing him off and now there's this nagging one? I am not sure he knew what to do with himself!
Earlier on Thursday I noticed Dylan's eye was SUPER goopy when I picked her up from school. It was nothing in the morning but disgusting after school. Uh oh, bad sign... I contemplated treating it at home with some pink eye stuff (come on, you know pink eye when you see it...) but decided to take her in instead. I just thought it doesn't hurt to have some pink eye meds around here, especially when we have as many eyes around here as we do right?
I made the appointment as late as he had one, which was 2:50, thinking I would have plenty of time in between that and Eden's appointment at 12:30. I was wrong. Ha! Their appointment ended up taking longer than expected, don't they always though? I felt bad but started harassing her around 2:00 to see how long they would be. I wouldn't mind taking Bridger with us, but she should probably know that I was going to!
They were stuck, and even though they provided us with an option (Yay Uncle Aaron!) it was no big deal to just pack up an extra little person and be on our way. Let me tell you...
(Big fat) Me + 4 toddlers at the doctors = AWESOME (although, maybe not the smartest!)
It was fine, I had the boys all pick a couple toys to take with them and the toys totally kept them busy then entire time. I can totally do four little kids!
Turns out not only does Dylan have a bacterial infection in her eye, but her left ear was also looking a little red and hot. So WHEW, so glad I took her in right?! I totally got lucky there. We got an oral antibiotic (boo to not stocking up on the pink eye meds...) as well as a script for hydrocortisone cream for the skin breakdown on her chin from her drooling, filled at the Pharmacy on the way out, and we were on our way.
Favorite Bridgey quote "GASP! YAY! This is my favorite thing I haven't played with YET!" The kid's funny I tell you, funny.
Isn't she pretty?

Standing up to the couch

To get her new ball to which Duncan described to his dad "It's the perfect ball for Dylie!" which must have been what I said when I threw it in the basket in the store.

Watching one, then the other, then the other.

Ian's getting away! (This would be me laughing in the background!)

Mike has Dylan's body and is pulling Ian down by his feet!

Ian's face, ha!

Dylan thinks going back down is funny, but Ian's starting to catch on that this whole climbing thing is not getting him anywhere!

Look how good (and determined!) she looks! Go girl!

Finally made it!

Getting ready for bed. He is so darn stubborn about having to carry this blanket around and fall all over it that I tried this. It works, great actually, I think he looks like a little smooth character!
No comments:
Post a Comment