When I went out, I was scheduled! 2-11-11 it was!
And then began the hurry up and wait! I was SB+ Which meant I needed to get antibiotics for the baby three hours before I delivered. So, upon checking in at the hospital they started an IV, and got things going and we sat, and sat, and sat. (This is where I should add... a missed IV in my forearm was probably one of the most painful things I have experienced. After missing she asked if I would mind having it in my hand and I had to clench my jaw or else I knew I would say I didn't care where it was as long as she didn't go anywhere near my forearms ever again...) After two hours my doctor came in to break my water but ultimately decided that I would have this baby too quickly and he needed to wait. (Boy, was Asher going to prove him wrong!)
At the 3-4 hour mark he was caught in a c-s and didn't show up until hour number 5. The anesthesiologist was caught up in the same c-s and couldn't come so they gave me Fenderal (? who cares what it was called really... it was amazing stuff!) to hold me over until he came in. When he did finally come in his scrubs were wrinkled and he was a tad bit frenzied! I wasn't sure I would want him by my spine with a needle. As he was verifying my information he got called out again and as he was running out he said someone else came on in 15 minutes and that would be the latest I would get a visit.
We got the new guy. Who... incidentally, was the same guy we had with Ian but he was in a considerably better mood than he was then. I prefer him at the start of his shift for sure!
After the epi my BP plummeted to 90/50, happened last time too... makes me sick to my stomach, but they came back in and gave me something to rev me back up and get things back to normal.
From here, it was rotating from side to side to try and get Asher to engage, he was quite comfortable in what I like to refer to as his Olympic size swimming pool! They really amped up the Pit so I would get stronger contractions and he finally engaged, posterior... This whole thing was Ian all over again!! I was having clusters of contractions, three... then a break, then three more. So she talked about options, I was only at a 6, so the doctor couldn't try to physically turn him (which didn't work with Ian anyway and it left him with a big owie!). I explained that with Ian they had me lay in the Sims position for 25 minutes and he flipped right over. The position I was in was similar to Sims, but not as much on my belly as they had me when Ian flipped, so... when she left, I took matters in to my own hands.
And watched the contractions even out. Woot woot. Tons of pressure... so I called her in. When she walked in she goes "Oh, you are almost on your stomach!" I know, I thought she might not like it, but what works works right? She said she wasn't surprised at the pressure because my contractions evened out, she checked me... still at 6! WHAT?! Get out... So off to the other side. I had one contraction and TONS of pressure... tons and tons and tons... and she said "If it's that much more I can check you again, it's not unheard of..." She checked... that's right folks, 6 to a 10 in one contraction. The room turned in to a bee hive.
Everything was AWESOME! Nothing hurt but I was totally all up on the situation and I could tell when everything was happening. The nurse said "There's the head, and it's not a very small head either!" (All our kid baby... all our kid...) Matthew said "It's a very Ian face!" A few short minutes after we started Matthew said "It's a... it's a... BOY" Apparently he had to do a double take thinking "those aren't girl parts!" We were both very much expecting a girl! SURPRISE! And a very happy one too!
They place my slimy new child on my stomach and wiped away, he was ADORABLE. Looking up at me, squeaking occasionally... I couldn't help thinking about Dylan and her three brothers! I just kept imagining all of these boys loving her so much and taking care of her! I couldn't have been more pleased!
Off they took him to officially look him over and get his measurements. 8 pounds even, 21 inches long, super cute with lots of blond hair! (Okay, I may have added that last part!)
From here it was all kinds of unpleasantries because I tend to bleed, lots and lots and lots... but I didn't much care because I was holding an adorable new baby! Blood schmud, give me the baby!
We didn't get settled in to the room until 2:00 in the morning and then they wouldn't leave me alone much (blood schmud). Matthew left to tend to the other brood!
Lots of hospital visitors over the next couple of days; Grandma and grandpa, Jessica, my cute nieces Jenna, Paige and Eden, Aunt Jill and Uncle David, Shannon and Tracy, Aunt Kristen, Aunt Eden, Aunt Melissa, Aunt Megan and Uncle Michael. Yay for fun company
Grandma Shirley asked where I put these big babies... I guess now we know? This was a few minutes before we left for the hospital.

One of Asher's first pictures. He turned BRIGHT pink very very quickly!

Getting ready for a bath... and very angry!

But not minding the head washing so much! It was about 2 in the morning... (Very Ian face until he lost a little weight!)

Very blond hair and eyelashes! Even Ian had darker hair!
Aunt Jane's cute hat and sock. Asher does not like getting dressed and we were playing dress up!
He settled in nicely though
Sleeping peacefully, this is what he can usually be found doing... (I was changing our sheets right under him, notice the mattress protector. He's a good little sleeper!)
Duncan's been in love since the first time he saw him. When Asher's sleeping Duncan' asks where he is. He wants to touch and kiss him constantly. He looooves this big brother business.

This is so cute, but I think he's actually listening to a train as it went by and Asher's about to go flying...

Lots of nose beeping happening...

My big'uns with my littlest 'un

Duncan couldn't believe that I could sit and watch trains from the hospital room! He was in awwe as we saw a few public transport trains and a couple long old trains just in the time he was there! which wasn't long, three year olds and hospital rooms don't mix well!
He's pretty cute.

Grandma came bright and early on Saturday to visit her new little grandbaby!

Awwe, cute Shannon and Asher!
Jill and Uncle David... frightening. I tried to get a good picture, but Jill was apparently as tired as I was and we kept busting up, so this is what you get.

Cute pic of Aunt Kristen in the hospital

Asher's a very alert little man, he loves to look around... even though he can't see much at this point. He has a lot of pleasant, calm, awake time.


Ian thought Asher was GREAT! He loved him and kept grabbing his outfit at the shoulders to love him. Well, until Asher moved and Ian's hand went instantly to his earlobe! I think he though Asher was a doll... Ian brings blankets to Asher and wants to touch him and love him up. When Asher's on the counter in the bouncer and cries Ian stops and stares up with concern.
Lots and lots of nose beeping!















6 comments:
Congratulations! What a beautiful baby. What a fun time of life. Enjoy each moment.
Congratulations! Jessica let me know the good news yesterday. So happy for you guys - he's a cutie and another great addition to your family. I'm sure all of the boys will definitely look out for Dylie - who looks so grown up in these photos!!
A gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous baby boy! (Which means I predicted correctly!) Love the pictures of Asher with his big brothers. What a bunch of cute boys. Nancy is right - Dylan does look so grown up!! She's gorgeous!!
Congratulations!!
He looks so much like Ian. The picture of your van with all the car seats is priceless! congrats to all of you, you're amazing, and I love how cute Dylan looks in her black/white outfit! Can't wait to see Asher.
Congratulations!!! He is perfect!
Oh no way! If he isn't the cutest newborn ever!!! Congratulations! And...I'd like to talk to you about something if I could. Email me... jeanettegreen@gmail.com Thanks!
Post a Comment