Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another EEG in the works!

Paula called me at about 7PM Tuesday night... late! I commented about it and she said that she can't seem to get caught up! I like her, so I hate to hear this... she just loves the kids and loves to be involved.

She showed the videos to the doctor and he said that while they are subtle, they are definately there and Paula said she would agree. YES! I was so concerned about this I labeled the times of the spasm. To the unfamilar eye you would think these were just videos of Dylan just beig Dylan.

So, no Hyps... but spasms? Dr. Neuro requested a longer EEG, I think in the hopes to identify Hyps.Seizure meds are no fun, and different kinds treat different seizures so it's imporant to identify which type of seizure she's having.

A couple of people have asked me if I am glad that they found no Hyps (no IS), I have no answer to this. Seizures aren't good right? No seizure is a good seizure? And it's not helping that they have no idea what's going on yet. So... let's go with not yet. I am a bit naive in my seizure knowledge on anything other than IS at this point so I will reserve my opinion on it until later.

I am supposed to call and schedule the EEG (I left a message) for Friday. Dr. Neuro said Friday or early next week but Paula's out of the office from Tuesday on so she wants it done (and responded to) on her watch. Go Paula!

In other news... Duncan went #2 on the potty! Our serious battle point... He told me he had to go BEFORE he went in his big boys! Yay!! I promptly dumped the two littles ones Michael and Megan and ran to the store with Duncan so he could get a train present, that was our deal. He picked a Thomas type of train that he didn't have (do they have to come in so many types?) even though I showed him Spencer in a type he does have... "a SPENCER! You love Spencer!" A deal's a deal I suppose!

In other baby news... I went to the Dr. OB yesterday and he did an u/s of the new little one to check things out. Again, I managed to stay away from the important parts but he's too curious and he went for a peek. I harrassed him as I was walking out the door telling him not to ruin this for us... don't be telling us anything we don't want to hear! Next time I will be bringing a post it note for the chart. I have threatened to do it in the past, but it wasn't important until he knew, and now he knows. So... post it it is!

The baby is head down, facing the right. Because Ian was breech (and ended up posterior) I am glad he took a look. He said it would be rare at this point for it to flip to breech even though it's not that rare for them to flip from breech. Good good! No flipage required!

We are waiting for Dylan's PT Mike who will be coming shortly for her first official (mommy and daddy paid for) therapy event. Maybe she'll walk today! (Hey, we don't count anything out right?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Paula! She is truly amazing and cares about us all and our kids. I hope this is diagnosed quickly but its good to see that Dylan is still herself :). Our prayers are coming your way.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I'm glad all looks good with the new babe. How exciting! :) I hope the longer EEG gives you more information on what the spasms are specifically and what you are dealing with. The not knowing and worrying is the WORST.