Thursday, November 25, 2010

Many Thanks!

It's Thanksgiving time! Time to give many thanks to everything that I appreciate in my life... Okay, not everything, but lots and lots. Would I have time to recognize a each and every thing I am thankful for? Would be nice... But I am afraid I might just be getting started. This will be very people centric... I can feel it already! It's the people in my life that I am feeling so very thankful for right now. I can also tell already that as soon as I am done and this is posted I will think of a million more things or people that I didn't mention! Ack!

I am thankful for my wonderful family, my adorable little ones! I love my sweet BIG boy Duncan who is so smart and learns something new every day. He is so kind and caring to everyone and such a wonderful big brother and helper. He is so very caring and willing! I love it, it's amazing, and I can't wait to see him follow in his father's footsteps. He is on his way! He sings, he tells stories, he jokes around. He is so funny and I love him so much!

I am thankful for my (kinda) big girl who never gives up. She is really an amazing inspiration who keeps facing the trials put before her head on. She really just keeps going, and keeps proving to everyone that she can, she so can, just dare her! At the same time she is wicked feisty and knows what she wants! Every therapy session I am more convinced that she knows that it's helping her, otherwise, there's no way she would put up with all that hard work she has to do! She is so amazing. She has really started to love cuddling, I wish I had more time for the snuggles, but I get them in and I am grateful for this new, very girly development!

I am thankful for my little boy Ian who shows me what super cute means every time I look at him. Seriously, that face? Oh sure, I think he will give me a run for my money someday, but for now I think it's pretty cute when he tries to play with his siblings and ends up in one big tackle pile. When he thinks something the end of the world and he throws his body to the ground and sobs. Or even when he pulls hair, I tell him no, and he laughs. Big trouble some day, I am sure... He has such a strong personality! He also loves his siblings and hates to be alone, he really loves his family. It's adorable that we can tell already!

Also, so thankful for the little one in my belly. Every swift kick to my bladder is welcome... Please kick away, someday I will miss this rolling belly. I am thankfully for being healthy, and for still being pregnant when I know of so many babies, born too soon, who have to fight. Please, stay comfy right there... for a few more weeks mkay?

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. It's such a blessing to have found my true love who I know will love me through everything. He is such an amazing, kind, loving person and such a great father (so so important) to our kids. He loves his family so much. I always know that I can rely on him for all my needs and he still loves me even though I am a little feisty myself at times. He is such wonderful, kind person. I had no idea I would ever be this LUCKY. (And honey, I did marry you for more than your earning potential, even though it's pretty fun telling you that's the only reason. I will continue to tell you that too since I know you don't read the blog. Love you!)

I am thankful for Dylan's many therapists and doctors. We have been blessed to have people in her life that never give up on her. They can see her potential through her diagnosis and nothing stops them from pushing her to reach her full potential. We were told she would never be who she is right now and never do the things she does and it's because of these people who have randomly come in to her life that show how very very wrong that was. Thank you for loving my little girl, I am so very grateful that strangers have learned to care about my little one and they always have her best interest in mind.

I am thankful for my BIG family! I am so glad to know that I have a dozen or more people that I could call at a moments notice and they will save me from an emergency, an appointment, or a mental breakdown. How blessed we are to have such an amazing support structure! I am lucky that some of my very best friends are included in this bunch of yahoos I call my family. So so lucky. I am so grateful for their support and love. We feel it, every one of us feel it.

I am thankful for my friends, near and far... The ones that I talk to that understand, they just do, regardless of whether or not they have been there (and some actually have). Where would I be without these people, my release!?

I am so glad that we have been blessed enough that I can stay home with my kids every day. I love my little life, even when it's hectic and I have three grumpy crying kids, I wouldn't have it another way. I miss my little family when I am gone for an hour! Our needs are far more than met, what a blessing that is! The things, oh so many THINGS to be thankful for, but they are trumped by the people. Suffice it to say I have everything I could have ever wanted, and more.

And finally, I am thankful for my blogging buddies, all of you that read and care about my little family, Friends, family and strangers alike! I am thankful for the relationships I have built and the comments that you have all made. I am glad you found me, every one of you, and I am glad that you've invited me into your lives as well. You are such a wonderful inspiration. Thanks for caring about us.

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL thanksgiving day. I know I really can't wait for my red wine vinegar and turkey! Yum! And then there's banana cream pie! (... Oh wait... *wink wink* mom!).

Duncan the turkey he made in school! Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Great post. So many things to be thankful for. Even though life is hard, we truly are blessed. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Wendy said...

Happy T-day Shan! I'm so glad to be one of your blogging friends!

randy said...

shannon, i never comment, but always read. good on you for centering your life around children. a childs life should be happy. cousin randy

Terri said...

Your "thankful" post brought tears to my eyes. You are amazing and you inspire me to be a better mom and appreciate the little things. It is so refreshing to see an intelligent woman express her love of staying home with her family. You are so great Shannon, truly an angel (a feisty angel). Thanks for sharing your story with me.