Saturday, November 20, 2010

2 hour EEG - CHECK!

We did Dylan's 2 hour EEG on Friday - I am so lucky, Matthew was able to rearrange his schedule to take off work to be there. I am not sure how I would do this one my own! She only snuggles up with her dad! We are so lucky he has a job that's somewhat flexible in this regard, couting the blessing here!

We dropped the boys off at Aunt Ami's again and headed up to the hospital. They pulled us back right away and started the process. Then, another girl came in to ask about history and meds and stuff, she was the one that did the leads last time (with the rude boy!) and she remembered us. When she got to "So, why are you here?" I was taken aback... I told her they didn't get what they needed, and Matthew added "so they sent us back for a 2 hour EEG." And the girls both looked at each other, "Is this supposed to be 2 hours?" They didn't schedule it that way but we were lucky because for some reason they could still keep us there for the time we needed. Can you imagine coming back yet again? Especially because the leads were all on Dylan's head at this point!

They brought in lots of pillows for us and left us to ourselves. Dylan settled in nicely for about an hour when she woke up and cried a little. Laying in the same place for two hours, with things on your noggin, is not really her thing. She's not the best sleeper! After getting re situated she fell back asleep and was out. And I mean OUT!

Towards the end I was watching her EEG and it was going nuts! All over the place! I poked Matthew (after taking pictures of it of course!!) and told him that she must be dreaming because her the screen was going pretty crazy! We watched for a couple minutes and then the girl came in to finish up and start the strobe and also commented that she must be in a deeper sleep and that's why it was doing that. It was amazing to see what all was going on in here little skull!

They pulled the leads out and set us on our way. I expect a call on Monday with information from the EEG so cross your fingers for me that they at least saw SOMETHING that will give them a clue as to how to proceed!

When we got home it was mommies turn for a nap! Yay

Assuming the position




Doing pretty well - Just a few squiggles.


Almost done...


Ready for the Turban


Assuming the next position (love the low light setting on the camera!)


And... out.


And... REALLY out!


CRAZY!


Wonder what she dreams about?


Starting to wake up - this is a more normal(?) EEG. Compared to the others there's a pretty big difference! The squiggles in the middle of the screen happened when the strobe light came on (I can tell by the line on the bottom which notes the time).


Lights on, still not awake.


But a rude awakening


Really rude.


A warm washcloth for the clumps of goop


New Nick Nolte pics


Every one's watching!


She's pretty cute, even with wicked yucky hair! (And a little drool...)


Last week after grandma's house - he passed out.


She passed out too... while I was cathing her.


Naked baby playing - So adorable.


The forgotten baby - enjoying the bug. He claims any stuffed thig or blanket as his own if it's laying in front of the couch.

4 comments:

SupermomE13 said...

I am so glad you were able to get her to sleep for so much of it! You guys are awesome! And it's great Matthew was able to go with you. :) We are praying for the news you get on Monday and hope you get a "plan" of action you feel good about. Let us know! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
E
PS, and yeah, she is crazy cute, even with Nick Nolte hair. :)

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

The pictures in this post are adorable! She can rock the EEG hair look for sure. :) I hope it gave them some good information on what is going on inside her cute little noggin!

Bugg's mama said...

Hi, I just found your blog from Tara's. My little boy was diagnosed with HPE at birth, but then at 5 mos old, the Carter's center said it wasn't HPE. Wyatt is now 4, doesn't walk or speak, and has no diagnosis.

I'm LDS, too. Nice to meet you!

Dylan is super cute!

Love, Bree

Rachel said...

awww, she's so cute! I'm praying they can figure out what's going on and develop a plan! I'm loving the Nick Nolte hairdo, so stinkin' cute!