Little Ian is smiling already! While I do love the smiles it's amazing how fast it's happening when my last babies were preemies! The first milestones took months from when they were born, not MONTH. It's crazy! They are just tiny little things for such a short time. It's amazing. His smiles are big and gorgeous!
Saturday Matthew let Ian and I go back to bed until a ridiculous 11:30! I had no idea of the time and was shocked when I woke up and saw what time it was. It was great! I was caught up again... as long as I get a good sleep in or a nap every other day this whole newborn thing works out great! Skip a day... mom's cranky!
All of the Andersons (including Jared and Aarika) went out to eat for the annual meeting to celebrate Dr. Bob on Saturday. We went to Ruby River and I had a big, fat, yummy steak! I was next to Kristen who's meal came with a roasted garlic (it was to spread on bruchetta) and I was showing her what to do with it and she said she didn't really like garlic. What?! Seriously? So I spread it all over my yummy steak. I ate the whole garlic all by myself. I did offer some to other people, Matthew said he wouldn't deprive me of the enjoyment I would get from eating it! I love garlic... it's a problem. Mom watched the D's for a couple hours for me, so glad she lives so close, it's nice. Anyway, another year come and gone. Miss you Bob!
Our little Dylan's back! She's over all of that gunk! She's still wearing a bib though because she refuses to swallow most of the time. Boo! Hopefully she will gradually realize that she can still breath if she swallows and then we can get rid of the bibs! She swallows at night, and with the binky, so I know she has it in her! I am going to try and work with her a little on eating again this week and see if we can start to get that back as well. That will be nice, she was doing so well! Hopefully we won't have to go through this every winter but I imagine we will. Poor baby girl.
We are in the final week of weaning Dylan from B6, it's the last hold over medication left from trying to get rid of the Infantile Spasms. They have the kids go on drug after drug to get rid of them until one finally works and then wean them from whatever ones didn't work. It's a slow process because they only make one drug change at a time, and then wean them slowly but we are almost done. We decreased by 50mg a week and she was on 150 a day, so... this is it! It's just one less medication we have to give her, we don't have too much any more and it's nice!
We had Dylan's first OT appointment in probably 5 weeks last week. We had to keep cancelling because of her ooey gooey-ness. Sarah was VERY impressed! She said she was doing great! And that there was a noticeable difference in her crawling in just the few weeks since she had seen her last. She noticed and loved that when kneeling Dylan sometimes pulls one leg up like she's going to stand! The desire to stand is definitely there and that's what she worked on. There's a bit of a balance issue with her but she said she's probably going to stand in about 4 weeks!!! I think that's very optimistic (which I LOVE) I know it's soon, but that soon? Not sure... this is where I want Dylan to prove me wrong! I am going to work with her on it though, it's kind of a fun exercise, better than stretching that's for sure!
Jessica brought over Ian's Christmas present last week... she continued the black and green theme that she had for our new baby present. We got all kinds of crafty things when he was born, a hooded towel, a blanket, a carseat blanket, burp clothes... all in that color scheme and and all made with love. Well... his Christmas present was a black knitted blanket with a green ribbon around the edge. We are getting to be total blanket snobs around here with all the generous crafty people in our lives!
I still haven't done the paperwork to get a second opinion on her MRI, I need to get that done. Abby's mom got hers back and posted the information about it on hr blog here. I was telling Matthew about it and he doesn't really care about all of the information because it's not going to change anything, Dylan's still going to be her own person and all... but I LOVE reading about it. There is something about being told that only a small percentage does ____ (fill in any random thing), I love that my little girl might be in that small percentage and I consider it a win every time we can check something off the list! Two very different points of view on the information, I would be surprised if he even read it when we got it back!
This cute face came right before the 'my mom's never going to feed me again!' face.

Grandma and Ian chillin'

This is one of the favorite outfits right now... and she's almost out of it! It was Abbi's. The piggies and Jill's bows make it though! Look how big she is! She can actually hop forward on her knees now, she does it when she gets excited. It's very silly!
1 comment:
Shannon-
Thanks for the info about Blurb.com! One of these days, I would love to start putting the blog into a book! Speaking of the blog, I changed the look of our blog, and it's kind of similar to yours! HoPE you don't mind! I wanted to have a custom header again, and wordpress doesn't offer very many theme layouts! I couldn't go back to boring white again!
I'm so glad to hear Dylan's feeling better! This is great news! Let me know what you find out from The Carter Centers!
carly:)
Post a Comment