We have made it a Christmas tradition to go get new ornaments together every year, one for each child, and one for us. So we all ventured out to Target. We shopped and shopped, I needed a few other things too, so we went for it. This was Dylan's first time sitting in the front of the cart, she graduated form the carrier to the 'pink bomb' car seat. (Seriously, Barbie threw up Pepto...) It didn't go so well, she got angry, and then fell asleep... so she ended up laying underneath the Ian in the carrier. Well, then we all get to the car and I realize what we forgot. Uhmm... yea, the ornaments. Needless to say, I went on my own to get them yesterday.
So every year we note something special about the year on the ornament. Our first year married we got a Christmas tree ornament and we wrote "Our first real tree" since I had always had fakies. So this year I asked Matthew what we should put on our ornament and he said "What we we thinking!?" Ha! We compromised, it says "Three under three." And that's only because Three under 2 and two months sounds slightly insane (and it's too long!).
Not that it's bad having them all, but you know... the colds that Duncan and Dylan are fighting just aren't helping. I looked around the room the other day and thought... oh my goodness, I have three kids! What a trip.
Dylan's continuing to explore the house and it's fabulous! As I type this she's at my feet, over by the sink. This is impressive if you are familiar with our house, she's basically made it around to the other side of the island and is exploring the kitchen. Earlier today Matthew found her in the laundry room, and she was hanging out by Duncan's door playing with the tractor this afternoon! It's great! I love that she's all over... although, I am not sure how any child can leave the wonderland of the living room with all of the fabulous toys that are in there. Anyway, it's great she's wanting to find new things. And I love it that she actually remembers where things are if you *ahem* relocate her.
She also will come up to you if you are sitting on the couch. Like 'Here I am! Play with me!' This is new too... usually she just plays on her own but she's found the joy of being cute enough to talk people into entertaining her. She's off again, she actually crawled all the way around the island and is now at the side of the table by the back door.
Ian is still very yellow... so yellow that I took him to get his bili's checked again today. It's actually higher than it was on Monday, but still in the safe zone. I am just glad I am not crazy and he really is still yellow enough to be a little concerned. She said that it's not high enough to do anything about even though it's higher than it was on Monday it should still go down. Sheesh. I was told formula will help so maybe tomorrow morning he will get a small bottle to see if that kick starts his liver.
As far as how Duncan and Dylan are doing with Ian it's great. Duncan definitely notices he's here... especially if he;s crying. He points and says "uh-oh". He actually does the same thing if he hears Dylan crying in her room. "Uh-oh!" And he runs down the hall to go rescue her. He occasionally (not really so) gently pats Ian on his head, and says "uh-oh" about Ian's owies but other than that he just basically ignores him. Dylan sees him and is fascinated! Pat was holding Ian and Dylan came up to her and with both hands tried to eat Ian's face. We really have to watch her I guess... she totally wants to love him up. She saw he was up on the couch and kneeled up and you could just see in her eyes she wanted to get closer. So cute. She's asked Santa for a baby doll this year. Her current baby is a Glow Worm and she needs one of the human variety... =)
Matthew just called, he's been Christmas shopping with Duncan for a couple of hours now. He informed me that Duncan called 911 from Matthew's work phone. Yup... awesome. It's always locked but you can do the emergency override thing. 911 called back and had to verify all of Matthew's information and stuff. Apparently Duncan hasn't seen those commercials about not wasting 911's time with silly little questions.
Thanks everyone for all of your comments! I love hearing from you all and rarely ever get a chance to follow-up, thanks for loving my family (almost) as much as I do!
So cute! This is as close to a nekked baby shoot that I have gotten... not sure I will have the time to get some good shots but this one's not so shabby.

I just love how he's holding on to the edge of the blanket here. He's snuggled in an oh-so-soft monkey blanket from Trina... she gave him a set of blankets with the cutest softest monkey!

This is multi-tasking... she's eating it, but look closely, her right hand is spinning the wheels of the car! She has great fine motor skills, good enough to eat Cheerios (if she so desired!). She's wearing her new blue jammies and a matching bib my cousin Syd made (shout out!).

I just barely took this... see, she made her way all the way over to the Christmas tree... the back way. Around the island, through the kitchen, around the table and walah! That's far! Sneaky girl!
1 comment:
I feel tired just thinking about you with 3 kids under 2 and 2 months! You are so amazing! The pics of little Ian are so cute!
Post a Comment