We are so lucky we have the right connections though! We saw Aunt Trina at my mom's house for our big family Christmas on Sunday and Trina saw how sick and miserable she is. Apparently children with two or more Pituitary problems have a problem producing a stress hormone that's needed for the body to kick up it's defenses. Hello... we are talking about little Ms. 'Well, the pituitary gland is there but it's small!' herself! She said it's probably time for medicine to help her along. Thank goodness too, because yesterday it was bad enough for a doctor visit had this not already been in the works!
Matthew went in to pick up the meds and he calls me and said "It's a shot! You should call Trina to see what's up!" Trina called me chuckling, she said "Yea, I knew that would freak you out!" Some trick, you character... ;) Anyway, the pill form of it had to be ordered and that's really the first defense. The shot is only if there's an extreme emergency where her body was is under extreme stress (like breaking a leg or something). So we are going to give her 1/2 pill today and then one more tonight or tomorrow early (we got started a little late...) and see how she does but rumor has it, it will help her perk up right away! Gosh I hope so, it hurts ME to hear her voice and she's not sleeping because she's uncomfortable and can't breath.
So we went to my mom's on Sunday night for the Christmas party and had so much fun with all of the family! I loved seeing everyone even though I had to follow everyone around with hand sanitizer because Dylan's so sick! Mom already might have something from Duncan, who knows... but it's all the least we could do to partake in the festivities and try not to infect everyone! We got all of our gifts from the family, Aunt Jane and Uncle Dee, and Aunt Nancy. We are so spoiled! The van was loaded to the ceiling with all kinds of exciting STUFF.
Ian had his two week appointment today. He's a growing boy and already above his birth weight at a whopping 8 lbs 14 oz. He's very healthy and wonderful right now so that was probably the easiest appointment he will ever have! The doctor asked how the other kids were and I mentioned Duncan's turning two (ie. the fits, and needing choices, and all that jazz...) and said that I was sure it was coming but I think this sped things along. He told me that kids have stress this time of year anyway, 'Christmas stress' he called it. They just have altered routines, everyone has high energy, and they can tell something's happening so that could have brought on some of his attitude too! Christmas stress... poor kids!
Dylan wants to follow Duncan everywhere... and it's driving Duncan NUTS! I love it, because he's motivating her to move and get up and going but Duncan is up to his eyeballs with Dylan! She goes up to him and grabs him and pulls up to her knees looking at him and he's just trying to keep whatever he has in his hands away from her! She loves bowls, and he frequently carries bowls of random dry toddler food around. She has a tendency to grab the bowl and make everything spill, "Oh No!" At one point when Dylan was pulling up to him I said "Oh... Dylan loves you! She's giving you loves!" and he leaned his head down to hug her and then they collapsed on the floor together. His whole weight was on her and she was just grinning the biggest grin ever up at the ceiling! It was like she won the Duncan lotto! Ian will be down on the floor playing with her soon enough, it will be so good for her because Ian won't know to take all the new shiny toys away!
I am still being spoiled by my husband and he is getting up with the kids (and staying up late with Dylan usually too...). As long as Ian cooperates I get to sleep in a little bit to make up for the interupted sleep at night. It's wonderful. I imagine it would be hard for a new dad of a nursing baby because Ian counts on me and no one else right now. Matthew is trying to do all he can with the other kids to make it so I have it easy and Ian can have me whenever he so desires.
Ian's looking freakishly like Matthew these days. It's such a trip to see Matthew holding him! Oh, and he hates being swaddled! What newborn hates being swaddled! I learned this early and just swaddled his lower half, leaving his arms free but if you swaddle his legs he kicks, grunts and growls until you free them! He likes laying toward the bottom of the bassinet, but not all bundled or boxed in.
Ian's first bath at home. Remember the twins and the swaddle baths? It's a nice trick we learned in the NICU and the one thing I contribute to our kids loving the water! They stay all warm and cozy in the fleece and we unwrap a limb at a time to wash it. No cold, no shivering, it's awesome. Look how peaceful he looks looking up at his dad!

My cameras setting were all messed up and everything was blurry for a while but I had to get this picture. Duncan's figured out how to turn on the TV! After this, he saw the light come on and he got down, stood back and waited. When the TV came on he looked at me with a huge grin and started clapping, he was so proud of himself!

Grandma had big plans of cookie decorating with the little ones, but Duncan might just be a little too little for this activity just yet. Abbi definately got it though!

Decorate cookies? Or just put a bunch of sugary nothings in a bowl and eat it with a spoon?! (or fingers...)







No comments:
Post a Comment