We had an Endocrinology appointment today and I was sneaky... they are upping her dose of the daily shot and I didn't bring the device in. I was running late, and you have to keep it cold so... I know we have a personal nurse that can change it for me! I only got in a little bit of trouble. Ha! Lucky Trina! Dylan had to get a poke and they have a lab in the office there, I warned the girl she was a tough stick but offered to have her take a look and let me know what she thought. She sent us up to Primary. Of course! So we went to the Lab at Primary and as I handed them the sheet I said "She's a tough stick for whoever draws the short straw!" She commented that that was good to know. Well, the girl got it first POKE! What!? I told her it had been a long time since they had gotten with one stick and I was going to request her next time! (Her name was Heather!) So it was bad, but not nearly as bad as last time (remember the wrist?).
I had already thought Dylan was probably high risk for H1N1 flu and that the flu shot was recommended, just because she's a broken little one, but turns out she's actually up there because of her Hypothyroidism. We really don't want her to have any breathing problems, she can only breath through one nostril already!
Aunt Ami had Duncan this morning and of course, he wanted nothing to do with me when I came to pick him up. He's such a good boy, so flexible, he will just play and behave wherever he is. I love it. I am really spoiled when it comes to him. Well, except for the occasional apple or Petroleum Jelly incident.
Dylan had her PT appointment today too, turns out Sarah's an OT (Occupational Therapist), Who knew? Sarah was commenting that there really isn't a time that she's come that Dylan's not been doing something new. She's been crawling in a straighter line, really no thanks to anything that I have been doing, she just figures it out. She just is making so much progress! Today she was kneeling up to the couch with the cushions pushed up to make it more he size, a precursor to pulling to a stand. She stood a little up to the couch too, but not for too long. It was pretty cute, she looked so big!
Look at those adorable demon teeth! I think they are so cute, but they might just be the kind of teeth you have to know her to love! She's not too big on taking a shower but bath time is even less fun for mom and dad so it's what she's stuck with. Her favorite part is the warm, no... HOT, towel after. Once we throw her into the towel she's nice and peaceful and happy.

When Dylan is getting fed through her tube she tries relentlessly to get the tube. Finally I decided to give her an extra one to play with and she chews on it all the time (I mentioned this I think, she folds it to get all those sore molars!) Well... here are some pictures. Her dad keeps telling her that her face will stay that way but she doesn't listen.

This was a funny angle, she's actually laying with her head on the pillow. I turned it because you can see her little 'walrus' face better! (Also, at the moment this is my favorite outfit... it's in many a picture, she wears it as often as it's clean!)

I have decided that showers with Duncan running around the house, while still productive, aren't very peaceful. I end up trying to watch him and tell him what to do from the shower. Not very effective. Well... I have it figured out, I can take a shower with him (while possibly less productive) and then when I am done I can get out and leave him in there playing with the water! It's fabulous! And a great photo opportunity! It gives me enough time to get out and ready without one or both of us freezing our toosh off.
Dylan did really well eating graham crackers yesterday. While on ACTH she didn't want anything to with food. In fact, if she had it once and knew it was food, she would toss it away and wouldn't even look at it again. She also hated being in the chair and not able to move. I am glad that's over. Feeding her takes a long time but I think she loves all the attention. She gets all chatty and cute.
Dylan did really well eating graham crackers yesterday. While on ACTH she didn't want anything to with food. In fact, if she had it once and knew it was food, she would toss it away and wouldn't even look at it again. She also hated being in the chair and not able to move. I am glad that's over. Feeding her takes a long time but I think she loves all the attention. She gets all chatty and cute.


1 comment:
Very cute, so fun to see them making progress. I cannot believe they will be 2 soon :)
Post a Comment