Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy Day!

What a weekend!

Matthew was generous enough to let me sleep in on Saturday! Dylan's still on a sleep strike although it's apparently it's only sleeping during the night that's the problem! So Matthew deals with her until he goes to bed (I have been sleeping for a couple hours usually.) Then I take over. Although he offers to have me wake him and go in, we figure pretty soon I won't be sleeping during the evenings anyway! Well, after I get up I decide to run a little errand with the family even though I am in no way fit to be out of the house, so I just stayed in the car.

Once I got home I decided that we needed the outing and Jill and I went to a little boutique that we heard about. It was no big deal... in fact it was a very small deal. But it got all of us out and let Matthew try and work on a few more of the items on his list that he would like to do before he goes back to work. Jill bought more bows for her unborn child (she's at like 85 now... but don't tell her I said that, she'll deny it...) and I bought some of the books that I regretted not buying at the Baby Expo the other week. I absolutely love kids books, there are so many great ones and Duncan loves reading and Dylan loves feeling so I am a sucker.

It was a gorgeous day and Jill has been planning to get her dad to take some pictures of her kids so when we left she was off to try and get a hold of him. I offered to take some quick pictures if she couldn't find him. On the way home Matthew called and said his sister was in a pinch and needed a quick sitter for her 3 kids, he offered... knowing I might have to go with Jill. He'a so brave! 5 kids! He can handle it though, better than I could anyway! He got lucky, Duncan was asleep long before I got home so that's one down!

I abandoned Matthew and 5 kids (two asleep) and took off with Jill for pictures. Her kids made me look good! The turned out really cute (if we do say so ourselves...), hopefully I will be able to get some cute ones of my kids like this someday. It would be hard if the one telling them what to do, coaxing, feeding them M&Ms and occasionally scolding them is the one behind the camera! It's really a team job!

After that Duncan and I took off to Shelly's for a vinyl party with a few of the gals from the NICU. Although I knew I was going (for months actually...) I had no idea what to get so I didn't get anything! Although, I think we decided on one for Dylan's room finally. I just wanted to see the gals anyway and Duncan was running around loving up their dog who was completely unlike our dog who avoids him unless forced to interact! I have a peeling thing too, as my mom will attest... I used to peel paint off the doors in the pink and purple house when I was really little and I still like to peel off wallpaper and the protective plastic thing off electronics. So... vinyl is FABULOUS! You get to peel off all the stuff that isn't supposed to be there (like the inside of the 'o's)! I think I could do that all day!

Big day yesterday, I think I will take it easy today... well, maybe for the rest of the day anyway!

I also forgot to mention in the last post that Duncan likes anything that he can put things in and take things out of. So... he especially likes it when I wear my pajama pants or sweats with pockets because he can put his hotwheels and other random small toys in there. So, I started planting sweet treats, like a swedish fish, or a candy corn for him to discover. He gets SO excited when his little fingers latch on to a mysterious hidden item, his eyes light up and he looks up at me with a HUGE smile on his face. Then he grabs it out and walks off holding the treasure in both hands. The very first time he found a candy corn, a new treat to him. He took a bite and looked up at me and said "NUM! NUM!" Something he says any time he tastes something fabulous (which is where I would categorize candy corn!). It's adorable and worth him fumbling around in my often empty pocket a few times a day!

I actually don't have any pictures of my kids this time, I don't know why... I just didn't have any new ones on the camera! So... this is what you get Jill and David's boys, Roman and Noah.









No comments: