Saturday, December 27, 2008

Spoiled, but not rotten... yet...

First... Seriously... Need I say more?




Mary bought these guys these outfits last Christmas and Duncan, at a scant 5 pounds, and Dylie... probably just breaking 3.5 (and still in the NICU), they were just too big! But, and who woulda thunk it, not for this year! Isn't she cute?! I am not ashamed to admit that she wore it Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I hurried and ran the laundry through Christmas morning and it was so worth it! So thanks Mary! It's darling! (I know, I know... first I make them wear the silly, awesome hats for the Christmas card and then this? Yes, I am officially one of *those* moms!)

Two kid/picture items before we move on... First, what is it with kids and drool? Do they just drool way more when they know they are getting their pictures taken and you want them to look half decent? Because seriously, all of our Christmas pictures, both babies have this soaking wet shirt. At what point is baby drool not cute anyway?

And Secondly, at a certian age do all moms just have pictures of the back or tops of their children's heads? Because there is really not a good picture of Duncan (at least the front of him) on Christmas morning. He's just too busy and all over the place. That explains why you're about to see more of Dylan than Duncan. I snapped one of him yesterday that's adorable, so that will have to do as far as Christmas pictures go of him!

Let's cut little Dylie a break though, she has more teeth coming through then we thought, she actually has FOUR just breaking the surface and I can feel a couple more. CORRECTION, FIVE. Two one year molars.... Poor thing. And in this pic, look at her fuzzy head!


And it begins!


Anything with wheels... I told you a wheel thing! And these soft cars are great because they wind up. I have noticed that they get away from him sometimes and he hasn't quite figured out why.
Lots of big ones too! I had to clean their room and get it more kid/toy friendly so it's an extention of the toy area in the living room!
This would be Duncan playing with Dylan's toy, there's no boundries, just twice as much fun until she starts fighting back! He loves this!
A new tractor that makes all kinds of fun noises and sounds! And it has wheels!
Elmo make-out session... Who doesn't love Elmo anyway?!
A new baby! She does this with the new glow worm from Shane and Traci too!
Okay - one of the front of him, and it's not that great! But we captured the stocking moment. (Man I need to get my hair done, Christmas photos prompted a call to Jill, Wednesday can't come soon enough!)
Cute little stinking monkey isn't he? Seriously... adorable. (If I do say so myself!) And Trina got them monkey PJs to boot!
Santa's a smart one. These are the winners... Bangles. Nine of them... hooked together. Both kids love them! Even though, technically, they were in Dylan's stocking!


And on a seperate note, the project... So when Jessica gave Dylan that beautiful blanket last time she was in the hospital I thought it would be fun to put one together for Duncan. So, I invested in a new hobby and I am finally done! The blanket actually went really quickly, but I was holding off on making the pom-poms because I didn't want to mess things up. Then, they sat on my counter for ages and finally this morning I bit the bullet and finished. Here's a picture, and grandma, you know this is for you! I hope you like it!
Also - I was in the NICU today and ran into the couple who are adopting those twins I mentioned a few posts ago. They are WONDERFUL! Within one week of hearing about these little ones they were on the plane here (from Seattle) and now, within two weeks, things are almost final. She was in kangaroo-ing the little guy and loving every minute of it. They have a five year old daughter who, not just two months ago or so was lamenting being an only child and wanting a baby brother or sister. Then she had a dream. She said "Mom, I had a dream I had a brother and a sister, twins, and they are coming soon!" And what do you know... It's meant to be, they really are a great family! Hooray for that little update!

No comments: