Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas is coming too fast!

I finally got all of our Christmas cards out but we had a little problem with a a shortage of envelopes. I was just using what we had and not wanting to run to the store. So, some will be hand delivered, that means I love you that much more right? I am willing to get envelopes (or steal them from Michael and Megan) so if I forgot you, it doesn't mean we don't love you, just let me know mkay?

Speaking of the love birds, they are coming over tonight so I can do their invite. They waited too long, seriously... they got their pictures taken a week ago and the very minimum to get invites here is two weeks! That's practically the eve of their union. Crazy... anyway... so I will do them and we will get them to Costco for printing and hopefully they can get them out on Monday. Crazy kids... Seriously. They are just lucky they are sweet and funny and have random people they can call in favors from.

I forgot to mention that we went to the pageant last Sunday with Matthew's extended family. This little event is one that everyone always complains about but when it comes down to it, oh yea... they are singing. Personally, I love it... because they all can sing really well which allows me to sing even louder because my voice is masked. So there were all the adults happily singing along while 30 or so kids ran loose and wild tearing apart the church. I am sure every child there slept quite well. I just can't wait until next year when I can let mine loose too, then I can focus on eating the yummy food!

Doug and Sharrie came down on their way to Mexico last night and it was a nice little visit. They got to meet the babies for the first time (last time they came down the babes were in the NICU). Duncan was too busy exploring Shane and Traci's house to be terribly social but he was still cute. At one point Abbi waved to him and he waved back which was my proud parent moment since he finally learned to wave this week. I will go into his room to get him from a nap and he will wave to me. So freaking cute... Anyway. Like everyone does, they were just loving up Dylan all night. She really has this little baby girl thing going for her and I think she knows it. she works it.
Duncan and Uncle Shane


We brought home hand me down toys from Abbi and one is this laughing Cookie Monster. Seriously, have any of you seen this thing? It's HILARIOUS! He throws himself down on the floor and rolls from side to side. I think it's more of an adult toy since I was the one getting the kick out of it. Matthew showed it to Dylan who thought it was funny at first but then it quickly turned into just sheer terror. It was terrible. For the record though, she thinks it's funny again today, maybe she was just tired last night.

This morning we went to the church for a brunch where Matthew sang some Christmas music with a quartet that they put together. They did really super well, but I knew they would they practiced over here! I love it when the entertainment comes to me, I can just sit in the next room with the babies and listen. Santa came too, but it was nap time so we didn't stay to freak out the kids. Besides, I figure if I get pictures with Santa every year, I will have to do it with every kid and why set such a high precedence? Last year only Dylan saw Santa because he came to the NICU at Primary, Duncan was sequestered at home. See, already the scales are tipped, I don't know how parents do it.

The other day Dylan was sprawled out on the couch sleeping and Duncan came over and would tickle her hand until she moved it and then laugh and laugh. She would put it back and relax again and then Duncan would do it again. That was pretty cute. I am trying to put Dylan on the floor more and more so she becomes less of a novelty to Duncan. But I will walk away and hear Duncan giggling and come over to him poking an eye out.

Yep, this was the day, in her new outfit from Aunt Jill.


It has ears!


Daddy and daughter moments.


No comments: