Monday, October 27, 2014

She blogs!

You know I have been a slacker when Grandma Shirley calls to make sure that you are still alive and everything is going okay! I am! We are here, good times, good times. I need to keep things going on here but I have a hard time because of the Lionheart Blog. I have to do that twice a week so I am kind of weighed down by that and then I let this slide. Boo! (I will be thankful though, if I ever get off the 2009 blog book, and 2010. '11, '12, '13 and then it will slow down for '14. Ha! Speaking of daunting!)

Duncan and Dylan turned 7 which is AMAZING. I can't believe they are that old! I feel old! They are all grown up! When did that happen? I need to ask Duncan his birthday questions because I bet they will be super funny. We didn't do much this year, having decided that they get big parties at 5, 8, 12 and like... 16? So it's not his year, it's Ian's. He got to take two friends to this skating, slide, jumping place here and I am sure it cost as much as a big party but the effort for me was less. (Sorry, love you...) And, Dylan didn't much care so there is that. She stayed home with me.

And, well, now that I look at it I never posted picture of Grey since he turned 2! So yea, that happened too. He got a Thomas cake "choo choo" he says, so adorable.

Last weekend was the primary church program and we totally slacked on making sure our kids learned their lines I was so good about it in the past... not no more! Work it into the schedule! So they go up there and help them with their lines (which is super common anyway...) but Ian says something about "Smirving mothers" instead of "serving others" which was adorable. I really couldn't pay much attention to everything because of, well... Greyson, Asher and Dylan, but we gave it a good effort.

Hmmmm, what else... Greyson is suuuper cute and fun lately and he is communicating more and more. I put down the toddler bed in his room just to get him used to the idea and sure enough, he wanted to sleep in it that very first night. I always think these things are going to be a lot more complicated than they end up being. Taking away the binki, big boy bed and that kind of stuff. Really it was done. We give him the choice of the "big boy bed" or the "baby bed" now and he had chosen the baby bed once since but even naps have been easy. He might need one reminder to say in bed but for the most part, he has been great. He loves to count, oye, the whole family loves to count... and he loves the alphabet. He knows the capital and the little letters and thanks to a folder game Ami gave Duncan for church he will match them up. It is the cutest thing ever. He just seems too young to do it but alas, I am not sure he knows his colors yet, so... one thing at a time.

About Math... my kids love math! Duncan is really good at it (and he knows it) but I am continuously being pelted with Math problems. From everyone but Greyson and Dylan. Asher is even in on the game. Duncan has been doing so wonderful at school that I can't argue. In the car I started asking the questions and then Duncan started getting mad when Ian answered before him. IAN! All this math practice is paying off I guess! So I would take turns though the kids and they weren't allowed to answer each others. Good grief. Everything is a competition!

Asher occasionally gets up to pee at night and won't make it to the bathroom, I think he totally could, I am not sure what his deal is. So he pees a little and strips down and then comes and crawls in bed with us naked and cold. But he doesn't move, he is a snuggler so Matthew loves it and lets it slide. He is just this little skinny twig! So last night he is sleeping on Matthew's back (Matthew has no idea!) and I decide he needs undies so I get them, he takes him to pee and then Matthew can't bare to take his tiny body back to bed so he snuggles like a warm (skinny) rock and falls back to sleep. If he moved the slightest bit I would make him go back to bed, maybe he knows that... because somehow this kid gets away with it! Nooooo, no kids in bed! Except tiny, warm cute, not moving ones I guess.

We had a church Halloween carnival the other night and the kids went NUTS. They had so much fun! (Except Dylan, she slept. zzzz) When Ian was getting in the car he said "That place was so fun! I want to go there again tomorrow!" Cue broken heart when we told him he can only go once a year. Halloween should be fun this year, I am excited to see how they do. Hoping to make cotton candy in the garage but all of the kiddos might be a tad too young yet and it might not be fair to leave them all to Matthew while I eat candy with the neighborhood kids so we will see how that goes. Ian is Dry Bones (which is a character from Mario, and it's kidn of thrown together and interesting, Duncan is that lame MineCraft guy, Asher wanted to be a red ninja but when it came down to it he decided to be a train (I think he remember from last year...), Grey was a skeleton and Dylan has a pirate dress. I did not put Dylan in the dress for the Halloween carnival though, I have it saved for school, I hope she doesn't hate it. I am going with her to her class at school because the Special Needs teacher wanted them all to go to their class parties but they don't have the support to do it. So alas, I will go go go.

School pictures. I did not buy Duncan's and I am undecided on Dylan's. Thankfully we had just gone to get them done. Which reminds me... I need to get Grandma Shirley's in the mail to her! Totally spaced it.

I hear he looks sneaky and cute... but I think a real smile is cute. I am such a mom. 



I am pretty happy to say that all of my planned races are OVER for the season expect for a very low key one in November and another in January. Easy, fun, walk-ish, not really race-ish ones. Yay. I did two half marathons in a row and it wasn't my thing. Combined with the second being a night race and wow... I tanked. But we looked pretty cute.

 This was the first, morning race in which I did pretty decent for not really trying to race... Sara coem in a mere 22 minutes ahead of me, you know how that goes. 

The night race in which I did terrible. I was slow enough to meet some new friends though. And thankfully, my mime friend waited for me at the end. (White is not nearly as flattering as black.)



Night races are boo. You don't really know what to eat during the day and they are dark, and lonely and boring and... yea. So I hope Sara will do it again and will just volunteer. She stayed with me for a slow 2-3 miles and then just had to go (Matthew had joked before the race that she had no slow setting, he was right!) She took third in her age group in this small event, I think she could have won. Maybe next year she will and I will cheer from a water table or something. I will stick to the day races!

Fitzgerald Grant. 

Dylan, so cute, in a shirt mom got her for her birthday. LOVE. 


No comments: