Matthew has been busy working in the yard doing all kind of crazy things to make it so he likes it. I mean, he is tearing out concrete, we are putting pavers up on classifieds, he is pulling out the rock wall. It's crazy. We asked a yard guy to come do a bid on it but he never got back to Matthew so I guess he feels like he needs to take it upon himself to get the job done? Whatever... I don't think I would have been comfortable with the yard guy's asking price so it is what it is.
So the last couple of days there have been a couple random strangers coming to pick up the pavers though, it's kind of funny. They are just doing it, for the payment of the pavers that we are trying to get rid of. I guess that's why classifieds work yo.
Tracy and Shannon even joined the concrete party, Tracy came to help with the hard labor and Shannon came to cheer them and help Matthew with the plants. (He needs help, his Shannon is no good at plant stuff!) Their little Asa is so good, he will nap over here so we just set up his pack and play and he went to sleep.
Supposedly when Matthew is done we will have the trampoline up, or... Down? In the ground. Just in time for fall. Oopsie. Well it's been too hot to play outside anyway.
Duncan asked me if I stunk the other day, I don't, I don't think, but I said yes. He told me I stunk because I never took showers. What? I told him I did and we had quite the spirited conversation in which I insisted I regularly showered and he insisted I didn't! This conversation caused me to remember how, in Primary, he turned to his teacher the row behind hi and informed him that indeed Sundays were special because his "mom even showered on Sunday!" I was like "well occasionally..." Turns out, he really believes I only shower on Sunday and after my long runs on the weekend. I am not sure how I feel about this!
FYI, I do shower, but it's only after he has gone to sleep at night after I work out. He thinks his mother doesn't shower!
I woke up the next morning and told him that I showered and he smiled all guilty like and said "I just didn't know!"
Greyson has been saying everything but most of it you can't really understand. We have this great game where you ask him to say any word and he repeats it back. It's so fun and the kids all think it's great so they get in on the action. I don't think the other kids were such sound mimic-ers but then again none of them had this many people around telling them what to say right? The other day he got in trouble for something and he stood there and cried and then walked over to Ian like he was wounded so Ian would give him some sympathy and love. It's usually me he walks up to when one of the other kids get after him so it was funny to see that he would go to anyone!
I went to Demo Day for Boost Startup. It's the end of a three month program for new tech start ups where they present their product to angel investors and ask for money. I did it to support the Lionheart Innovations app but it was so fascinating! I don't know how successful they were, I won't know... I am just someone who blog for them... but it was great nonetheless!
I ran my longest run ever with my friend Allison and one of her friends the other week and it went great. A little too much stopping for me with that many miles though, once I stop it's hard to get going again, especially after 10 miles. It was still fun and I never would have gone 15 without them so it was good that I went. The idea is that if I have gone 15 it will make my 13.1 in two weeks easier.
I hope to get a sub two. I better get a sub two, it's a very very downhill run, more so than any other downhill race I have done so that should help right?
Last week Sara and I ran our downhill canyon run in prep (have to do some downhill so I can do some sort of walking without hurting after the race.) We went a lot further than we had gone in the past, to a city park in town. The last about 1.5-2 miles of the 12 were flat and I was able to keep up my pace for it which is awesome, and a good sign. Even on the downhill races, once you come out of the canyons, they are flat or rolling hills. If you can do that after that much down you are good to go. We shall see. She had to keep running and ran home to do a total of 17. (She is training for a full in Sept. for her 40th birthday)
This weekend it's a shorter run, 8 miles, and then "rest week" for the race.
Last week we went to a book reading and gathering for The Mother Runners. They are a couple of ladies that wrote some apparently great books about running and motherhood and all that. I don't know, I don't read books anymore! I did recognize them, most runners recognize the books and I saw one author at a booth at Princess last year. She is about three feet taller than me. (See picture). It was really fun, one lady won a treadmill! Just for being there! A treadmill! She wasn't that excited about it...
My adorable imaginary friend Bonnie ordered some Christmas ornaments so I am making those when the kids are in bed as well (after I shower). Just all around a little busy so the blogging is slacking. Except on Lionheart, where I have a financial motivation! I will appreciate this when I get to the 2014 blog book but somehow I don't see that happening any time soon.
This little Asa face... I die, he is an angel.
The wounded soldier.
...requiring major surgery.
Charlotte looking for a bug in her drink.
This picture is hilarious...
(The two Mother Runners are the tall ones in the middle, my buddy Alison is second from the left.)











1 comment:
Fun catch up post! I promise we will never stop that much if we do 15 again. Amazing how easy 12 feels after 15 eh?! LOVE the pics, all of them! You rock.
Post a Comment