Obligatory last day of school shot
I am coming to terms with the last day of school business. I didn't think it would bother me but I have to admit, I am a little melancholy about the whole thing. I may never see these people again! My babies are growing up! My mom came over so I could run to the school to get pictures with the teachers (thanks mom!) and it was crazy, chaos. Both the morning and afternoon students were there, 50 kids! One classroom! It took longer than I expected but it was worth it. Drag it out so we don't have to move on!
His teacher is AWESOME and she sent home a TON of worksheets and some workbooks for the kids to be able to keep up their skills. Thankfully, she also sent a little schedule with it. Apparently if they do all of then and bring them to her at the beginning of next school year she will give them a prize! So helpful! Really! I had picked up some early reader books for Duncan to practice but as far as spelling and words I was a little lost. Excellent!
The Kindergartners had their own little fields day earlier this week and they rotated through a few stations, chalk, bubbles, big kid playground, their play ground and.... cotton candy. Shocker there right? I brought Ian with me and thought he would stay with me but she just had him be an extra kid. He was in Duncan's group and he took off and LOVED it. I think he thinks that's what Kindergarten is all about now!
His last day was last week and I don't think it really dawned on him that it was over until this week and now he keeps asking to go because he misses it and he misses his teachers. He got all pouty about it every morning this week as we were getting ready for school. Never fear Ian... you have some summer school coming! At the end of this month and a few weeks next month Ian and Asher will be in the summer learning program at the school. I think it's a good test drive for Asher who will be in the class with Ian, next year Ian will be in a different class. I think he will have fun... we will see if he agrees! He has wanted to go to school and it's kind of a big deal so I think he will be great.
Speaking of Asher also growing, that boy got a big boy bed this week! He has been in a toddler bed but it's time to move Dylan out of a crib size bed (she is fine, I swear...) and into a larger bed and the beds come together. Some of you might remember that Matthew modified an old crib to have a low side with an opening for her to crawl in and out of. It's perfect! except she rarely uses that gap to get in and out of it, rather preferring to stand next to the side and topple over it. Hey, at least the option is there right? So a while ago we came up with this plan of taking a top bunk (already has the rails and a gap for the ladder) and cutting off the legs. Walah! perfect big kids bed for her! Bottom bunk goes to Asher. We moved Asher over last night and he was not a fan so we had to totally down play it. I swear, nothing is a good idea to him unless he comes up with it himself! Matthew has to cut the legs off the other one and do some modification to stabilize the side where the ladder would be but he is on it. I bet she also gets a big kid bed before the weekend is over!
We will also be booting Greyson from our room. (Finally! Ugh!)There are three rooms upstairs so unless someone goes down, there will need to be sharing... so we sat the kids down and explained to them that Greyson need to go somewhere and where should he go etc. Ian's eyes lit up. "I know! I know!" He got very close to Matthew's face and said "I thiiiink, I want to move downstairs in YOUR room!" Uhm. No. You are missing the point young man. So I think we will be building their beds up again and Duncan will be moving in with Ian and Grey will be in Duncan's room solo.
The only problem I really foresee is Ian is spotless. I think you could eat off his floor. Duncan on the other hand.... Welllllll. Last night Ian shared a concern with Matthew. He said they can't move in the same room because "Duncan has Legos all over the floor and when he walks on them they will hurt his feet!" Valid. Totally valid. We will see how this goes. Wish us luck.
Ian and his teachers - Ms. Kaydee, Ms. Shelley and Mrs. Connie
We were driving in the car and Duncan told me to look out the window on my side and I looked over and saw this. A VERY cool cloud that was a rainbow! I have never seen anything like it. So we pulled over in the parking lot so I could take a picture and tell all my friends to go outside. I wouldn't have noticed it had Duncan not pointed it out.
in a bag of hand me down from Aunt Eden there were these TINY sunglasses. The boys totally dug them though. When your too cool...
Dylan's Paras Natalie and Tammy
We are hoping they will be back next year but Natalie might be moving on. She got her degree and while we want her to stay for US - getting another job would probably be best for HER. *sigh*


Saying goodbye
Duncan and Mrs. K.
She shoots, she scores!
I can't remember if I have mentioned "Ian's Lady" before. Ian loves to wave at the crossing guard lady and she loves to wave to him! Today is the last day we will be seeing Ian's Lady so I told him we could stop and get a picture with her and talk to her if he wanted. (Even though he was in his jammies!). He was excited.... then star struck! She gave him a little treat from his bag and off we went.
Another cute of of the twinkies
Last day of preschool. (Until next year's preschool...)











No comments:
Post a Comment