If you are reading this it means two things... We have the interwebz!! Yay! wow, what a long couple of weeks that was but see, I can take it. There were those who did not believe! And the other? I made it! I am alive in spite of the move! That's not to say that I am unpacked, but hey, alive is a good start.
A couple Saturdays ago Matthew's family descended upon my (old) house and started packing up whatever was not connected. Fire sale! It all goes! What a mad house! At least we got the kids out of the way, my mom took Asher and Dylan and Ian and Duncan went to LouAnn's house for the day where my darling nieces were doing some charitable work and sitting them and their many cousins. We offered to pay but my sweet nieces wouldn't let me so big thanks to Jenna, Eden and Giselle for doing their part in the move! I couldn't have done it without them!
After everyone dispersed Ami and her kids came back to the house to get the kids's rooms set up so everyone had a place to sleep. I laughed because we became a little bit of a project for Greg and Ami because they love us and want to make sure were weren't losing our minds. They stayed late and then came back on Sunday after church to pitch in where they could. Then decided we were going to all have family night at our house Monday evening where again, all of Matthew's family came over to start unpacking and putting stuff away. Wow! Spoiled much? Ahhhh, the blessings of an enormous family right?
On Monday night we made scones because, well... Yum. And they knew feeding me full of yummy scones and honey would calm me enough to have everyone all up in my business helping. Saturday we didn't get the backyard playset moved because we have TOO MUCH STUFF and they didn't get to it while they had all the guys there so hooray for another attempt Monday night! I called Bob and Steve back over and we had a slew of brother's and Tracy. I missed all the action because Melissa and I were teaming up and putting together Dylan's wardrobe (Ikea furniture = high stakes Legos). Apparently a whole bunch of guys were marching down the street carrying the playset and subsequently the shed, laughing hysterically as they came. I missed it!!! Where are the videos? Where are the pictures? Oh man, I bet it was so funny! What a pain!
We left some furniture at the house to 'stage' a little so we could list it and people could kind of see how furniture would fill the space. We will have to arrange to get that stuff too but that should be a bit easier. I blew up the air mattress and fit it with the comforter in our master bedroom so we could have the mattress here and it looks great! Just don't bump it or the mattress will go flying off the other side!
Matthew let me have a couple hours of cleaning therapy the following Monday so I could get in and clean up and get it ready for pictures and listing. I started at the back of the house and moved forward and used the entire time the kids were at school. Wouldn't you know it though... As I was winding the central vac hose for what would likely be the final time I yanked the thing right out of the wall! What??? Please! Add that to Matthew's list of things to do! Dang it!
We listed the house on Tuesday morning after a few showings and a total low-ball offer. Several people went in it the first two days and we got an offer, we are knocking on wood that everything will go through a-ok but we are on pins and needles! Holding our breath over here, not counting chickens and all that.
By far the most DISGUSTING thing in our house? Under the fridge. Oh my. YUCK! it was so bad, you could see where something fell and splattered and got covered with dust, and the dust bunnies... Er... MONSTERS. I was mortified. Take note to pull the fridge out, I don't know... Occasionally? To clean. Wharf!
Also what I would do differently if I ever moved again (which I won't) is to keep better track of the kid's night lights, fans and the baby monitors. It was kind of a mad chase getting everything together for the kids to go to bed Saturday night but we figured it all out and all was well.
Matthew had a full week off and I don't now how it went by so fast but it was gone in a flash, and we still aren't unpacked! We no longer have a baby blue and peach room. His to-do list is looooong but he amazes me at the things that he knows how to do and I am so grateful that he is so handy, between him and Greg we have a regular full general contractor. Fixing hinges, painting, installing water heaters, hanging shelves, hanging curtains... His chore list goes on and on. they even pulled the freezer into the cold storage and he ran electricity in there to plug it in. Swoon. Isn't he amazing?
Speaking of project... Eden also is feeling for me and she came over a couple times to pitch in where she could. The first day we got a little done but the second day we really got into the swing of things. She was going to come back but we all got sick and gave her the warning and she wisely opted out. Bridger was not pleased though, he was super upset (Holla!) but I need her to come back and help me organize the play room. I neeeeeeed. I am far too overwhelmed to attempt it myself and she has great ideas.
Meanwhile this moving this is expensive! We have no curtains, we have no vacuum, we still need to have the piano and pool table moved over and we just had the carpets cleaned. They had a few smaller dogs with a doggie door and the free reign of inside and outside really showed on the new carpet. Yipes! (Otherwise, this house is nearly spotless! So thankful for that!) There are great big windows above the sink with no coverings, slightly fish bowl like. I miss my plantation shutters already! Wahhhh.
The house is amazing. The kids love it. They love having their own rooms and bed time is so much easier! Dylan's room is adorable and is perfect for her just like we expected. For some reason the master and Dylan's room are pretty chilly, fine for us... Not so great for Dylan and Greyson! We bundle up Grey but will likely need to find a heater or something for Dylan.
I love it here, love love love, it amazing for our family. Woot woot. Pretty happy with the crazy decision to move!
No comments:
Post a Comment