Wednesday, October 10, 2012

No excuses! Time to blog!

I didn't get my nap in on Wednesday, no excuse to not blog!

I took all the littles to get their school pictures taken today and we started with Duncan and Dylan. Going to be interesting since it went terribly with Dylan. Bad bad... So we settled. Regardless, it's Dylan either way so we will take it!

I had forgotten it was picture day but it won't be as classic as when my mom forgot it was picture day and I looked like a homeless cowgirl (one of her most favorite pictures ever...). We could have waited until the next day but pictures are stressful so let's just get it over with!

I did want to have Asher and Ian done as well and since I forgot, their hair wasn't done and Asher got up late so he was in his jammies. Fortunately I had a baby holder come visit while the kids were in school and I ran over early get the job done. Holy expensive batman. Wowza! we need to bite the bullet and get them profess ally taken since that was a SUPER painful check to write. Egads. And no Greyson, just the other four!

I mentioned my baby holder came over, Angie came over bearing gifts and wanting a snuggle and we have more than one boy happy to oblige! It was fun to have adult company and her boys are all growing up too fast so we might have to make this a regular weekly thing, it will help me get some things done and Greyson was happy to be held and he slept well all day because of it.


Speaking of growing up too fast, my little stinker was four weeks old on Tuesday and he started smiling on Monday! No, no... He is NOT old enough to start smiling at me yet! He is very advanced! He can hardly hold his head up but with such a social butterfly father I shouldn't be surprised that smiling came first! He is so sweet with his little crooked smiles. Hard to get them on camera when the one he is supposed to be smiling at is hiding behind the camera though!

Duncan has started writing his name... All on his own. A great indication that it's time to start practicing our letters! Matthew as very impressed that he had done it on the magnet board so he told Duncan to write it again for me. So he started, on the lower left, and proceeded to write his name upside down. Upside down! He got a little embarrassed after that so it took a little 'talking in to' to get him to do it again for a picture. I told Ms. Debi and she said kids start all kinds of way, upside down, backwards, letters on top of each other... She seemed quite amused at what kids do with their names!

He has also started with the rock collecting... I need to learn to check his pockets before I run the wash because you would be surprised at what I find in there! Old rusty washers, nails and lots and lots of rocks. As he was getting out of the car he told Debi to wait he "just needed to..." and there he was picking up rocks! I told her I was surprised there were any rocks left on the playground because I was sure he wasn't the only one! She apparently told him a lot needed to stay there too!

We dressed up the door with crepe paper and Duncan asked what I was doing. "I am making a mummy!"
Him "a mommy?"
Me "no a mummy!"
Him "a MOMMY?!?"
I am not sure we got this straightened out. Suffice it to say a mummy will be the newest monster we learn about this Halloween!

Debi brought the kids out to my car and told me the kids were all around the table working on a fine motor skills project and all of a sudden Duncan held his up and said "Holy crap! I did it!" She seemed to think it was hilarious... He got it from me! And the first and second "Holy crap"s are kind of funny but we are borderline on thirtieth and it's really time to reign it in!

I asked Duncan to get a diaper for Greyson and he did and he said "MOM! These diapers SMELL GOOOOOD!" I said "I know, they smell like a baby don't they?" and he goes "No! They smell like SUGAR!!!" and shoved a diaper... Practically up his nose.

I am so excited we got a new nephew in the last week too! Baby Mason is Greyson's new BFF and grandchild number 29 for LouAnn! Very impressive! Michael and Megan had Owen a few weeks after Asher too, two right in a row. I told her the next one she is on her own! Five might break me!

Dylan went to Spina Bifida clinic on Friday, Matthew took her up and she also had a bladder study and a renal ultrasound scheduled. It was crazy trying to schedule the study because we did it with sedation last time and there we a bit of a scheduling conflict with the anesthesiologists. Ultimately they decided to try it not sedated and apparently she is a little champ! Again, I hate not going because according to dad everything went fine and it all looked great which I know is not a direct quote from everyone he spoke to that day! Oh well!

We are upping her seizure meds again because she is still having spasms. She was having them about 4-5 times a week and just yesterday she had them twice. We are going from one pill in the morning and two at night to two and two for a week and then two and three! Lots! We will have to go get labs done on her liver again with the new dose and that is something we are not looking forward to!

We were asked about bladder control meds and opted out again. Not a need right now and we are messing with other meds at the moment.

Dr Neuro actually retired. Like retired retired. No more running the clinic and dolling out his home and cel numbers, he flat out retired and we got a new Dr Neuro! I will meet her someday. It's all good until we lose Paula and then I will freak!

Lots of appointments next week, my meeting a dentist appointment, and the twins' well-child check. Oye! Maybe Angie shouldn't have offered to watch the kids if I needed her to! She might regret that offer! Oh too late! She already text me and we have a standing date every Wednesday! My new cleaning day! Yay!

First attempt at catching that fun, crooked, first smile!

And second attempt, with a real camera, not a cel. Again, photog is also the smile generator so I will take what I can get!

This afternoon, snoozing.

Another adorable gift, it's so cozy, warm and soft... obviously, by how chill he is!

And what did YOU do while they were at Clinic? (What can I say, mama needed a break!) It doesn't last long, that little one looks sweet and innocent but he starts and it all goes down hill from there!)

Duncan's name. This time he tried to write it right side up. backwards D, upside down u, great attempt at a little n, nearly perfect c, PERFECT A, and another n that wouldn't quite fit on the end there... (I think it's backwards!) Isn't it ADORABLE?

Asher and his woobie. He couldn't get it all the way out of the crib so he got out what he could, found a bink and my little cat crawled under the crib to snuggle.

When you are tired, you are tired... doesn't look too uncomfortable except her crazy arm. (She rubs her hands, palms and backs, to get to sleep.)

Again, when you are tired... This would be Asa snuggled into our couch, isn't it cute! His mom was right next to him on the couch when he chose to roll over from his back and snuggle right in! We had to get a few pictures before we interrupted his snooze for an, *ahem* more safe, sleeping position.

My little peanut

Ami loves this face, so this is for her.

I was just trying to make the picture more interesting... 

Why yes, I did give my children a spoon full of peanut butter for a snack... what makes you ask?

They are finally old enough to police themselves when they get up at 6:30 in the morning! Dad just goes out and pops on the TV for a few minutes until we have a chance to rub the sleep out of our eyes. When I came out this is where I found them. Ian, apparently the blanket hog..., is rubbing Duncan's hair.

The "mommy" door. (FYI, those of you who try this... it stays neat for exactly one single night, after that it starts sagging and looking old, more like a "real" mummy!)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love your family. So cute. Looks like you have been extremely busy (as usual). :)