First three days of school! Duncan is having a blast even though he can hardly tell me anything they do and can't tell me any of his friends names. I miss Shelley. :/ I can't wait for the learning how to deal with Dylan is over.
Her new Spec Ed teacher said she is really concerned that she spins in circles and makes herself dizzy. She is worried that she will fall into something. Once Dylan is aware of her surroundings she hardly ever falls into things, dizzy or not. We have a lot of sharp edges at home and unless she trips, she is good to go. She said they are trying to give her the motion stimulation in other ways to get her to stop. Yea... Good luck with that!
Over all she is more interactive than she was last year and they are really noticing. I guess the first day she was really interested in all of the other kids and she was wanting to get close and touch their faces. They had to explain to the kids that it was her way of saying hello. I am sure it acted them to death. Whereas here all the kids are totally used to it and they acknowledge her and maybe give her a kiss (Ian), gently push her out of the way (Duncan) or ruuuuunnn (Asher). Regardless, they are used to it so it's no big deal. Dylan's fascination with the other kids wont last forever, she is just far more interested in other kids when she first meets them.
Ian is disappointed every time Duncan and Dylan go to school and he can't. Poor little guy. Soon, soon.
Last night we asked Ian if he wanted to go downstairs or upstairs to bed and he says downstairs with a P somehow. "powntairs" is about right. So we were saying "duh, duh, duh DOWNstairs" then your turn. "duh, duh, duh POWNstairs!" hmmm... We did it a few times. Then we said, "duh, duh, duh, DOWN!" and he said. "Duh, duh, duh... ... UP!!" and then he goes "hahaha! I said UP!" He thought he was so funny and him cracking up made Matthew and I laugh so hard! Cute little sense of humor!
The boys have been doing as well as can be expected sleeping in their own room together. It takes a bit of time for them to settle down and get to sleep but that's fine as looking as they stay in their beds. Especially a challenge for Duncan since he has a harder time going to sleep anyway. I told Ian to be quiet last night through the intercom thing and he said "no mamma, no mama no, mama no, mamma no" over and over and was saying it when I arrived in his room and scared the crap out of him. I asked if he wanted to come upstairs for bed and he said "noooo" very sadly and I told him he needed to be quiet then. I gave him a kiss and he gave me the tightest hug ever... He kept wiggling his fingers to get tighter, which totally melted my heart.
Ian is such a stinker now as he gets closer and closer to the age of three that it's a good thing he does so many things that are so wicked cute!
Wrestling has officially reached our house. I am not sure how I feel about it even though this is SO just the beginning and it only gets bigger and worse from here! Ian and Duncan wrestle... A lot. And Duncan needs to toughen up. He will wrestle and then start yelling because he has been what sounds like mortally wounded. Then he will chill and go tackle Ian again... Rinse, repeat. I told him he cannot wrestle and then whine, if he want sot wrestle he needs to toughen up and by golly it's working. This is good for general toughen up reasons even aside from wrestling. In the meantime, I imagine increasing frequency of the words "outside or downstairs! " coming out of my mouth.
All the new sheets on!
Asher and his Woobie
First day of school, there were others but this was just awesome.
My cute oral gal looking rather sly.




No comments:
Post a Comment