It started off with a massage and I am not very good at it at all! She kept telling me to relax my shoulders and I really thought they already were relaxed! Really I did. But I guess she would know. I think I just need more practice and we should try again soon. :)
Then we moved to a 90 minute pedicure. I have only ever had one pedicure and it was at a strip mall, and I got to tell you... Not at all relaxing and comfortable. I don't really get how people like them so much they just need to do them every month. That was several years ago... Like 10? And that was probably the last time I had my toe nails painted too! Weird, people touching my feet. Blech!
The aesthetician that did the pedicure was adorable. She was the cutest gal and it was just her and I in the room so we just chatted away. She told me the funniest story about how her neighbor has four peach trees and she asked him if should could have two nice ripe peaches that were hanging over her fence and he told her no! And then came and picked them himself. Haha! How cute was it that she asked? If I have to mow (Wait, I? Hahaha!) around your peach pits I get two peaches! Anyway she made me feel very comfortable and recommended some zichi shower treatment prior to my next massage because that's the only way she can relax for her massages too!
So I already have my next spa treatment picked out. Next time I feel like spending a whole lot of money on not very much! maybe it won't take 10 months? Who knows.
The whole process took three hours! I miss my kid's when I am away from them that long. It's so silly, but I am rarely alone, not even when I am sleeping these days! And if I am alone and not busy? Yea, I need my little busy bodies! Relaxing is boring.
Well, so much for me messing with Dylan's meds to get things on track. Now we think she is uncomfortable and backed up again. Maybe I should have left what was (kind of) working well enough and not tried to find something that actually did work! I had good intentions. She is vomiting, gassy and Shelley said her school day wasn't great. Hmmf. Bring on a mega-dose of Miralax and we will start at square one! Poor girl.
Ian and Duncan have been playing together well lately... Most of the time they are playing and getting along and then there will be a major freak out and I will have to step in but I think Duncan's enjoying his new found little buddy. Dr Ped told me it would be good when Ian was two and even better at three. Pretty fun.
When Duncan gets angry at him he bends over so his face is at Ian's level, scrunched his face and growls! His face turns brit red! It's hilarious! But he doesn't think so... When he does it Matthew tells him to get his face in check and makes him take a few slow breaths. That in itself is pretty funny. I tend to just make him go to his room for a breather and come out when he's done freaking out. The things he usually gets mad at Ian for are hitting, not following the rules, getting into something he shouldn't and trying to take something that Duncan rightfully had first. He is two are all! (And typing this now I see why 'freaking out' is such a large part of Duncan's vocab!)
Which leads me to... Ian is ADORABLE about Duncan. He loves him so much and follows him around everywhere. He wants to be exactly like him! So much so, if Duncan has something Ian needs one, or that one, as well. We have to have two of everything to kind of make sure Ian doesn't have a melt down. Duncan is pretty good though, when I tell Ian that he can have it when Duncan's done it's not very long before Duncan hands it over. Of course, it's far less appealing now that Duncan doesn't have it.
If I send Duncan to a time out Ian pushes by me to sit next to him and then looks at me, at Duncan, then around the room. And sits, like 'why are we over here?' Duncan falls dramatically off his chair, so does Ian. He makes faces at Asher, so does Ian. Where ever Duncan is Ian's not far behind. It's so cute!
They wrestle a wee bit but I can take it, it only gets bigger from here so I better get used to it. Ian even tries to take me down when he wants to play. Nothing like being tackled by a 25 pounder.
Wednesday we went to dinner with my Grandma Shirley and Matthew had to teach so I was on my own which just doesn't work. Grandma said she would get Eden's dinner if she was able to go. When I asked Eden I guess I didn't include the go with us part and she said no need to buy dinner, she could find something. I had to explain to her she was going, she was going to be my nanny where I got to sit back, relax and eat while she chased my kids! It actually worked quite well, the kid's were pretty well behaved and I pawned Duncan off on Shane and Traci right from the start. Piece of cake. Going out is not usually that easy! Been a while since I got to go out and Grandma Shirley was a bonus!
I took my sewing machine class Wednesday afternoon and I really didn't learn too much. Matthew spoils me and I got a machine that is not typically a first macne so the assumption was that you could wind a bobbin, thread a machine, and generally get around a machine. They were just covering how to get around in the menu and choose a stitch. So, yay! Now I still don't know how to sew, it's just now I don't know how to sew with a threaded machine! Woohooo!
After running around the house like a mad man, Duncan ran up to me and said "Mom, I'm ten pounds fast!"
Ian tried finger painting. No bueno.

This one is more at home getting dirty!

My skinny boy! No line backer, that's for sure. (That's someone who plays football right? Winkie!)

I was trying to get them together smiling but smiling on queue is not a stong point. But then Ian did this! Not typical.

Now this is more typical!

Pete and repeat. This was a rare quiet moment.
3 comments:
That is so cute about Ian and Duncan! Hilarious! He won't know what to do with himself when Duncan leaves for kindergarten. I loved the fingerpainting pictures. Ian and Elaina would get along (although Elaina has grown to love it).
Cute blog post again! I had to laugh though. You are a nerd. You used queue when it is cue. (I think) xoxo
Hahaha! I am a nerd!! It is CUE!
Post a Comment