The whole story about the costume... The kid hates costumes, didn't want to have anything to do with them a few weeks ago and I thought I was going to be in big trouble come Halloween. No costume? It's like when Jill had to send Roman to school as "pajama man" all over again! Good thing I have her to get advice from! Well, a week or two and a lot of TV and kid costume talk he warmed to the idea and decided he was going to be Thomas (hello, the train?) which was actually a great convenience because on account of Roman's costume phobia Jill happened to have a Thomas cape kind of thing. Sweet! We already had this all planned out but I did have to have think the idea was all his!
It was kind of a last minute emergency, we had a plan, but I wasn't planning on the carnival. So we got all the kids dressed up except Duncan and piled into the car. We stopped to pick up the Thomas outfit and Duncan's reaction was PRICELESS. "You got this for me mom!! Thannnnnk youuuuu!" It was adorable! He was so excited! I was a hero!
Then we got there and put it on! Wow, so fun! And I think you can tell how excited he was in the pictures!
Dylan made the perfect cheerleader too. It took everything I had to not take a million pictures of her before we left the house late (of course!) but Matt said it wasn't the last time she would be in it! Argggh! Fine! Dang she was cute though.
And Ian was a duck. Asher was supped to be the duck but we changed our minds last minute and it was a perfect for him. He was so cute that someone at the carnival said "what a happy girl!" Yea, uhm, no. He did have a hood on... So I suppose... I told her it was okay, when he was a baby we put flowers on his head and he was adorable. My other boys couldn't pull off the girlie stuff like he could!
And Asher was a monkey for a split second. He was hot, I was hot. The costumes are the first to go.
At the carnival Duncan ran off to play games with dad and then he would come screaming across the gym "I won! I won! Mom!! I won!!" Yay! He was shoving in the treats as fast as he could get his hands on them, a sign of what's to come on Halloween!
Dylan does seem like she is getting better so we will be planning on surgery on Monday, phew. Keep getting better girl!
Asher got his second big fat tooth! Booooo! My baby! And this is the first day with the big kid binki too. Dislike.
Duncan has developed this habit of collecting things. Random weird things. Matthew said all boys do it and Traci confirmed that Greg also did this. He has a box of his treasures sitting on our counter (bugging me because I hate things on the counter). It has things like, metal frogs, tiny wooden tops, beads, coins, string, marbles, tiny plastic toys. Random! Traci said as Greg grew up the items in his treasure boxes just changed and now his boxes contain his prized football cards. It's cute, I like it, so I will tolerate this box for a while longer. On the counter is the only place it's safe from Ian!
Speaking of on the counter. Little miss Dylan is now tall enough to see on the counter and reach up and pull things off the edges like Ian! I see her eyeing and reaching. It's adorable! However, she also reaches up to the stove! Have to be super careful! She also opens kitchen drawers and slams them shut. I think it only took catching her fingers one single time before she learned to be careful. She moves them out of the way at the last second, freaks me out every time!
We had Papa Bob and Grandma over for dinner Thursday because I made soup and had plenty. While they were here Duncan flipped out because He wanted Gordon to have a 9 Volt battery in him. I insisted it was a C battery he needed. I put one in, much to his protest and flipped on Gordon. Wow, was I trouble! Not sure why is was a problem, Gordon had long lost his "coal" for his tender and there was a gaping hole where the battery belongs, it was a common topic of conversation. We were very used to replacing Gordon's battery since all too often his battery ended up as a "treasure" and therefore, missing.
He brought the battery and a screwdriver to Papa Bob for his help instead. Papa Bob cheerfully obliged his request and Gordan turned into a million pieces. Really? Couldn't we find a train that was already broken? I told Bob I wasn't sure Gordon would ever work again and he told me that was for Duncan's dad to figure out! Ha! Duncan had a blast with the Gordon dismembering and now Gordon's many carcass pieces are treasures! I suppose with all the C batteries we went through with him Gordon was rather a pain in my side anyway. Bit by bit Gordon's body will find it's way to it's more permanent home...
Group shot! Look! I wore a costume too, it was a called "not sweats" and I rocked it even though the party was for the kids.

Beaming!

Ian wants to get down and Asher just wants OUT!

Duck bum!

Super excited about candy! Sweet tooth anyone? Like I want to take a picture of his candy!

SO CUTE RIGHT? Perfect, PERFECT costume for her!

Please mom, no more pictures, this is ridiculous.

We did these ghost feet in 2009 and gave them to grandma (with only two feet!) and she had it in her kitchen until about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was time for a new one. Are activities like this supposed to be fun? Because wow. Maybe if I had another set of hands (helping hands, I had enough NOT helping hands!). Duncan's foot looks enormous!

Duncan's treasure box (as of a couple of days ago, it's been modified slightly.)

Great team! He loves chewing on her feeding tube!

RIP Gordon
1 comment:
Not sweats! You crack me up!!!
Post a Comment