Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Forgive me for being late - I offer you lots of pictures

First and foremost, Happy Father's Day to the best father ever! I mean, he doesn't read the blog or anything.... But he might peruse it some day... So here's a shout out to him,

We aren't so big on Hallmark holidays around here... But, around this time of the year we are shown article after article, emails, stories, about how a man can be a better father. As I read these articles I nod, yep, yep, yep... Matthew does it all. He spends the weekends with his kid's (or serving others, or both), he let's me sleep in every weekend, Saturday and Sunday. He comes out and chills with the kid's, feeding them cinnamon rolls, cake or ding dongs for breakfast. His family is a priority, his hands are always full (sometimes of things we don't usually like on our hands, but you know...). H doesn't get time off when he comes home from a hectic day at work, he dives right in. We are all so spoiled. Every single day I watch him make memories with his kids and I love it. I am so humbled to have a real example of what a father should be. Man, my kid's are lucky...

So again, in writing, I love you I love you I love you, you are the best father I could ever even imagine. Every day I am amazed. Happy Father's Day!

And on to my boring week.

The three littlest of the littles aren't feeling well. They are pretty gooey. For the boys this means lots of coughing, not a lot of sleeping. For Dylan this means some unproductive coughing, lots of puking and lots of pooping, We had a good couple weeks, but well... Here we go again! matthew took the bigger boys to Ami's on Sunday because Dylan was pukey and Duncan came back and reported that it was "great big fun."

I am having a Duncan day today. He is such a good boy... So helpful. I use him, probably too much, to fetch things for me. Especially when Dylan's sick. I just find myself in predicaments and he makes my life easier. He challenges me, to see what he can get away with... Normal stuff, but he's just so good most of the time. I guess it's about 5:00 when he is just tired of being so good... But days are long when you're three!

I don't think I mentioned this, I may have because I think about it a lot, but the other morning I heard him get up. He always gets up, and closes his door (loudly) and then runs in to Matthew's side of the bed... But this morning, he stopped at Dylan's room (by then she's usually been up a couple of hours) and said "hi Dyl." then closed her door and continued on to our room. So cute, so kind, so loving. So, yay for service to others... Even when you're three.

So on this Duncan day I picked them up from school and we stopped for lunch and pulled up to the park and ride by the train stop. Another beautiful thing about the handicap plates, front row at the train stop! I dispersed lunch and we waited for the trains. That's me, fun right from the car! When they came we rolled the windows down to listen to the gates. Then it was over.

The D's have school this week, three long days in a row... And then off for a few weeks again.

I looked in to sign language and the classes don't start until September. They are two hours twice a week for 9 weeks, so I might have to go represent and then send Matthew. Excited for it though. September will be here before we know it!

Not much else, the laptop is out of business and it's a bit harder to keep up the blog until we get it back in working condition. So... More pictures than stories, that's a good trade right?

He wouldn't look at me. He was too busy honking the horn and trying to figure out why daddy wouldn't go.


Big boy! Forst time on a bike! (A bike that's way to big for him!) We were so proud, he is not the daredevil of my children...


The awesome ride. How sweet is this thing?! I told you I would take pictures!


This is a picture from my cel, I had to send it to Jessica. Ian was very proud of himself for being able to pull out BOTH of his woobies!


Two woobies and a choo choo, what more can a little guy ask for?


Small, medium and large! Catching up with eachother! (Asher has a good several inches on Lanie, but she makes up for it in breadth!


My FAVORITE pic that Eden took of Dylan!


She kept throwing her head back and making busted kid noises! You can see right up her completely ineffective nose!


She was so happy!


And it was ME she was looking at, not her daddy! (Hey, every once and a while right?)


Adorable picture of Ian


And then Asher. Can you even grasp how squishy he is from this picture? I am not kidding, this kid is just MELTY!


Speaking of melty...


Mom was just holding him and he folded over asleep! Ha! I love this picture!


Little kid and a big big slide! Yes he went down it! (This would be my daredevil!)


Matthew found a night crawler, Duncan quickly resumed the boy roll and loved it up. He even took it in the house to show Aunt Traci, grandma and Beth! They loved that!


Great picture of Abbi!


Apparently we need a tramp for my daredevil!


Cheekers! Looking more and more like Duncan every day!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So cute! I especially love the Dylie pics!